Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chilllwavve
Level 7

Persistent Insufficient Power Message (3600X)

Followed every troubleshooting tip to no avail. Tried 3 different TVs and at least 8 different ports, with and without the Roku brand USB power cable, and still the Insufficient Power screen pops up. I'm at a loss. Please advise.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Persistent Insufficient Power Message (3600X)

What do you mean by 8 different ports? Are you powering the Stick from a TV USB port, or using the wall plug? Many TVs have insufficient power in their USB ports to properly power a Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
chilllwavve
Level 7

The Roku stick goes into and HDMI port and is connected to a wall outlet. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

@chilllwavve wrote:

The Roku stick goes into and HDMI port and is connected to a wall outlet. 

OK, thanks. Are you able to try the Stick on a different TV, or is that part of the 8 ports you've tried? I'm not being funny or snarky, just need to know the complete details. 

Dan

0 Kudos
chilllwavve
Level 7

Yes, I've tried 3 different TVs. Three ports on one TV, three ports on another, then two on yet another TV.

0 Kudos
atc98092

@chilllwavve wrote:

Yes, I've tried 3 different TVs. Three ports on one TV, three ports on another, then two on yet another TV.

Great info, thanks. That pretty much eliminates any external issue. In general,Roku Stick players tend to run hot, and it's possible that it's encountering heat related issues. The 3600 was released in April 2016, so it's not terribly old,  Mine still works fine, but it was only used when I traveled for the past four years (just replaced it with a Premiere) and my grandson uses it now. So it's pretty low time for its age. 

Send a private message to either @RokuDanny-R with your account email and your 3600 serial number and they can get some technical assistance going for you.

Dan

0 Kudos
chilllwavve
Level 7

I appreciate the help. Messaged Danny with the details shortly after posting. Hopefully that will lead to something.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@chilllwavve 

Thanks for the post.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
chilllwavve
Level 7

I appreciate it!

0 Kudos
Musemaker
Level 7

Good luck everyone.  There are over 100 people commenting with issues in this forum, and if you go search the web it is all over the place.  Obviously they have a product problem.  Mine started about two months ago.  Has steadily gotten worse.  I sent in a request for help with all the info on Sunday.  Today they told me "It looks like your device is faulty and there is no option to replace the device because the device is not under warranty."

Guess, what, when I sent the email I was 2 days past the 1 year warranty.  Would have sent the email earlier but my father-in-law past from Covid so could not.  When are companies going to start standing behind their products!!!

0 Kudos