Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerswing
Level 7

Periodic Re-starts

Anyone have insights/fixes re sporadic, repeated Roku re-starts? 
Usually associated with very, very slow (or unresponsive) inputs at NBC News Channel
---------
Roku 3100X (2XS) s/n 13C27J0181779.
Ver. 9. 1.0 Build 4111
Ethernet cable to good router/Spectrum (~100 Mbps)
HDMI to Sony Google TV NSX40-GT1
No ~SD card
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Periodic Re-starts

Hi there! 

Thanks for sharing your experience! I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing: 

1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>System restart, then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
4. If you have a high number of channels installed on your device, have you tried removing any unused channels to free up some space? (On older devices, this is something we would recommend to try and help optimize performance.) 

If those steps aren't helping clear up the issue you're seeing, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku player from Settings>System>About.
I'll help take a closer look to see what else we can recommend. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos