Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Will Roku OS11 fix the 4K HDR issue on Paramount+ channel?

Jump to solution

Will Roku OS11 fix the 4K HDR issue on Paramount+ channel? If so, when can we REALLY expect to receive it? This issue has been going on since early December 2021!!

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus not showing any HDR for content that should have it.

Jump to solution

My Roku does not have an update 11

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@randys wrote:

My Roku does not have an update 11

It was just announced today. Roku says it will roll out in the coming weeks, but for anyone who has had a Roku for any length of time knows that when Roku says "weeks" they really mean "months."

Roku announced OS v10.5 in early September, but it did not download to my devices until early December. So, don't expect v11 to arrive for at least another TWO MONTHS - meaning it will be a good SIX MONTHS until we MAY see this resolved, if this is the update both Roku and Paramount+ have been referring to.

Since Roku is now ignoring this thread ever since @RokuMary-F marked it as SOLVED, I have opened a new thread asking if v11 is the fix both companies have been referring to:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/Will-Roku-OS11-fix-the-4K-HDR-issue-...

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@randys    "Roku OS 11 is rolling out to supported Roku streaming players, Roku TV™ models, and peripherals over the coming weeks. For more information about the new software release, see the  Roku OS 11 release notes."

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Will Roku OS11 fix the 4K HDR issue on Paramount+ channel?

Jump to solution

It is not listed in the release notes so who knows. It has to be a mutual hand shake between Roku and Paramount first. 

https://support.roku.com/article/228844467?utm_source=organic_social&utm_medium=rokublog

0 Kudos
Toddwrtr
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

From this morning's tech support chat with Roku:

Rose
Thanks for your Patience, Todd. I could see that issue is regarding watching the Paramount + app on 4k HDR. I could see that issue has already been escalated. I would like to inform you that this issue will be fixed in our next update. We would like to inform you that Roku has released the new software today, Todd. You will receive an update anytime via email.
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Toddwrtr  The Paramount+ site still says "4K content is not currently available on Roku version 10.5."

0 Kudos
bohratom
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Todd, 

Could you post the exact url for Paramount+ stating 4K HDR on 10.5 not supported on Roku?

I understand we all are hoping for Roku 11.0 to resolve this issue but I wanted to at least read the statement from Paramount+.

Thanks

Rick

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution