Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Our Roku's Talking to us

We need your help with our Roku's. Yesterday our Roku's got hacked. It was even typing responses to us and could hear us. It said it's name was Daisy, told us to be quiet. We changed our WiFi password. And this morning it happened again, saying it was our new friend and actually broke of our devices. We deleted our Roku account and got a new one. At about 7pm tonight it typed "I'm back". Have you heard of anything like this or have any advice?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Our Roku's Talking to us

I've never heard of a Roku being hacked.  I'd go out on a limb and say it's not possible.  Do you have some app on your phone that could be responsible?  Try turning off your phones and see if it happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Are you using the Roku app on your phone as a remote?  If so, might this have been "Bixby" instead of "Daisy"?   This sounds like Samsung's personal voice assistant, similar to Google Assistant, on Samsung phones S8 and later.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

No, we do not use the app. It has called itself "Daisy" a couple times. It now has been trying to ad Youtube channel on its own. We can't seem to get it to stop. We are going to be forced to quit Roku, it's a shame we have loved it for over 10 years up till now 

0 Kudos