Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Operating by itself

My Roku just started switching through the apps and topics by itself. I did a factory reset and still the same. I've tried system restart also. Has anyone had this issue or am I just screwed?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Operating by itself

If you take the batteries out of the remote does it still happen?  Is someone screwing with you by using a remote control app on their phone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Yes I've gone through factory reset and everything else I could think of. I have three in my home and this is the only one doing this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

How close are your neighbors? Maybe someone paired remote with your tv, its not working theirs so they are trying keys that are controlling yours? 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The same thing is happening with our remote. It seems the back button is malfunctioning (probably sticking internally). It continued trying to back up all night, so it's not a neighbor playing with us. Batteries have been in and out. It's impossible to watch anything and may require a new remote. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

What model Roku do you have?

You can purchase replacement remotes for your model from Roku here: https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

You can also find them locally at many retailers like Walmart and Target.

If you do not have a Roku stick that requires a wifi-direct remote, there are many inexpensive universal infrared (IR) remotes you can purchase locally as well.  Just be sure it says it contains codes for Roko devices.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos