Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanrivas

Onn Roku TV sound not working after connecting Blu Ray Player.

I have an Onn Roku TV and i just connected the blu ray player so i can watch a movie. It was fine, i started it to see if it would work, then i left to take a shower and when i came back i turned it back on (the player turned on automatically when turning on the tv) the sound doesnt work. Whenever i try to change the volume instead of showing me a speakerphone icon, it shows an actual speaker icon. 

How can that happen when it was working fine 40 minutes prior to me turning it back on?

I haven't trying to connect the speaker to it but surely i shouldn't have to do that to listen to a **bleep** movie that had sound just before that...

Please help, and i swear if an employee comes here with a **bleep** copied message and tells me to turn it off and on again instead of explaining what's going on im going to effing sue for false advertising. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn Roku TV sound not working after connecting Blu Ray Player.

See if your model of roku tv allows you to just reset the picture and audio settings, so go into:

settings> system> advanced system settings> factory reset> reset picture and audio settings> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
kairhansen

Did not help. None of my blu ray disks give me sound.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @kairhansen

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
AdairV

That worked for me. 

Thanks

0 Kudos