Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdemers1960
Level 7

Only A Purple screen with Bldgs & houses. Why can't i see the Netflix, Hulu boxes

When I turn the TV on all I see is a Purple Screen with houses and buildings and A Roku icon streaming across the screen from right to left. Have tried all the buttons and no results. Anybody else have this issue?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Only A Purple screen with Bldgs & houses. Why can't i see the Netflix, Hulu boxes

I believe you're seeing the screensaver.  Have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
nocable
Level 11

Re: Only A Purple screen with Bldgs & houses. Why can't i see the Netflix, Hulu boxes

A friend of mine has had that problem. One time, it was because the batteries he was using had run out of juice.

But....... another time, he had turned the tv off, but left the Roku on inside the Spectrum Roku channel. Somehow after being left there all night, instead of bringing the Roku back Home before going to bed, the Roku just got jammed up. The solution was to to unplug the Roku and let it reboot.

2018 Ultra 4660
0 Kudos