Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattsDll
Channel Surfer

Onkyo A/V Receiver OSD (on screen display) with TCL Roku TV

Hi All,

I have a TCL Series 5 Roku TV and an Onkyo home theater system.

My Onkyo receiver is plugged in to the TV using HDMI in the Arc (both TV and receiver).

2 points:

1 - My TV loads the receiver in the input. I can control the volume of the receiver with the Roku remote.
But when I click on the receiver input in the TV menu, I get a message saying the receiver is not recognized even if everything works. Is there a workaround?

2 - I cannot get the receiver OSD on my TV. Meaning that I cannot adjust my receiver settings on my Roku TV. I have to select another input from the receiver, lets say PlayStation 4 to see the OSD.
How can I get the on screen display to show on the TV?

Thank you!

Mat

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
klambert
Streaming Star

Re: Onkyo A/V Receiver OSD (on screen display) with TCL Roku TV

I have the TX-SR393, their entry level model and I've had the same issues.

For settings, try pressing the settings menu on the Onkyo remote and when it shows on the receiver display, then switch to the receiver/arc input on the TV itself. The problem is that your receiver isn't sending any video by default, which is why it's not being detected. But if you switch to the full screen settings menu on the receiver, it should then be detectable because it's sending the menu. (But the quick menu will not be as it piggybacks on whatever else is showing.) You may or may not need to do this before sending ARC content to the receiver. I can't remember. But I have found it's fussy about switching to and from the TV.

Unless you are sending a video signal through the receiver, you're not going to be able to see the info/mode information on the TV. You just have to look at the front of the receiver, which isn't nearly as detailed. But it should be enough to at least sort out two channel and 5.1 modes.

MattsDll
Channel Surfer

I'll try something when I get my receiver back. It's being repared.

0 Kudos
Ramesh123

Please help with details on how to display settings in full screen 

0 Kudos
joybean

Did you ever get this resolved? It's maddening. 

0 Kudos
MattsDll
Channel Surfer

No, 
The only way I can access the Onkyo menu on my TV screen is by changing the input to let's say PS4. My PS4 is connected behind my receiver.

0 Kudos
klambert
Streaming Star

The easy method is to press the menu button on the Onkyo BEFORE you switch the TV to the input from the receiver. The problem otherwise is your receiver isn't sending any video, so the TV doesn't "see" it.

0 Kudos