Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cajazzfan
Level 7

On & off power with streaming stick+

Jump to solution

I have a Samsung 4k tv, does the roku streaming stick+ power on and off this tv? I know my older roku turns my tv on but not off. I’d upgrade if the stick does both. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: On & off power with streaming stick+

Jump to solution

@cajazzfan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The remote included with the Roku Streaming Stick+ will allow you to control your TV power and volume.  

If you're referring to HDMI CEC functionality, our 1-touch play feature will allow your Roku device to alert your CEC enabled TV to activity when you perform a function on your Roku device, which may allow it to power on and switch to the input that your Roku device is connected to. However, as you noted, this functionality does not allow a Roku device to power your TV off. 

For more information about the Roku Streaming Stick+ visit our Support page here: Roku Streaming Stick+

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: On & off power with streaming stick+

Jump to solution

@cajazzfan 

Thanks for the inquiry.

The remote included with the Roku Streaming Stick+ will allow you to control your TV power and volume.  

If you're referring to HDMI CEC functionality, our 1-touch play feature will allow your Roku device to alert your CEC enabled TV to activity when you perform a function on your Roku device, which may allow it to power on and switch to the input that your Roku device is connected to. However, as you noted, this functionality does not allow a Roku device to power your TV off. 

For more information about the Roku Streaming Stick+ visit our Support page here: Roku Streaming Stick+

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos