Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macefamily6
Level 7

Older TV no USB power. Reset every time by unplugging!

I have an older tv so the usb does not supply enough power to the roku. I plugged  it in direct into wall with roku plug and cord supplied. When I turn the tv on the roku is locked and I always have to unplug it to reset ?? How do i fix this as its annoying to get up every time to unplug and plug it back in.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Older TV no USB power. Reset every time by unplugging!

What do you mean by "locked"?  What happens when you press a button on the remote?  Does any light on the Roku flash?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

I don’t know what the issue is, but I can say that I never even attempted to power my Roku from the TV and it is fine anytime I turn the TV on, so that is certainly a configuration that should work.  If you turn the TV off and right back on, is the Roku "locked up"?  Or is this something that happens over a longer time like overnight?

0 Kudos
Macefamily6
Level 7

The control just does not work. I can use the remote to turn the tv off and on but the Roku is just floating on the screen with no response. I have to unplug it and reboot it everything I want to use it or just unplug it after each use. 

0 Kudos
Macefamily6
Level 7

It littlerlly happens every time we turn it on. It is gradually  getting worse it seems. If we want it to work we have to unplug the roku and power back up to watch TV everything. 

0 Kudos