Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chitvan89
Level 7

Older Panasonic not picking up Roku player

Hi,
I have an older Panasonic TV with no usb or HDMI. I bought the Roku streaming device with the yellow video imput cable and red and white audio cables. I plugged it in and my Panasonic flashes momentarily Input 1 but then shows a black screen. I don't have the remote for the Panasonic to try other inputs. In the past my TV just automatically pickup up the input. My Roku player is doing the double blinking thing. Any Suggestions? 

According to the instructions I should see an onscreen activation. 

Thanks,
Charlie
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Older Panasonic not picking up Roku player

The double-blinking thing suggests the Roku doesn't have an Internet connection.
0 Kudos
RokuShawnS
Level 10

"scottypie1234" wrote:
The double-blinking thing suggests the Roku doesn't have an Internet connection.

Which is probably (I don't know for certain) because he hasn't connected it yet via the menu.
Since you don't have the remote to the TV anymore to change inputs, look for a cheap universal remote at your local shop that supports your TV.  You'll be able to check other inputs using it (hopefully).  Otherwise, the TV should have channel up/down buttons built-in.  You should be able to use those to change the input to see which one the Roku is actually on.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Chitvan89
Level 7

"RokuShawnS" wrote:
"scottypie1234" wrote:

Which is probably (I don't know for certain) because he hasn't connected it yet via the menu.
Since you don't have the remote to the TV anymore to change inputs, look for a cheap universal remote at your local shop that supports your TV.  You'll be able to check other inputs using it (hopefully).  Otherwise, the TV should have channel up/down buttons built-in.  You should be able to use those to change the input to see which one the Roku is actually on.

Thanks Scotty, I think you're right and a remote is my best chance. Appreciate it. 
0 Kudos