Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhkremer
Level 7

Old Roku 8 yrs old works fine but started shutting down when I turn off TV

It never did that before, when I turned on the TV, Roku would be in standby mode. Now, I see "no signal" and have to press remote and it VERY SLOWLY gears up and finally completely reboots. Does it every time now. A week ago that never happened. Any way to fix this?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Old Roku 8 yrs old works fine but started shutting down when I turn off TV

"jhkremer" wrote:
It never did that before, when I turned on the TV, Roku would be in standby mode. Now, I see "no signal" and have to press remote and it VERY SLOWLY gears up and finally completely reboots. Does it every time now. A week ago that never happened. Any way to fix this?

What Roku (including model number) and what software version?

In 2011, Roku introduced the second generation devices. First generation are no longer supported. If it's first generation, you're going to get a lot of people saying you should replace the device. Heck, you'll get a lot of people suggesting you replace a second generation device. Still, more info about just what device you have might be helpful to anyone that has tips on extending your device's life.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Old Roku 8 yrs old works fine but started shutting down when I turn off TV

I think even the third generation should be replaced.  :twisted:  Smiley LOL
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos