Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beck38
Level 9

OS 9.4.0 build 4174-29 power/logout @~4hrs on ultra 4640x

Just got the new 9.4.0 build 4174-29 a couple days ago in my Ultra (4640x), and have been getting a power or app logout around 4 hours of streaming.  Now, there used to be a 'system/power' with a 4 hour time setting (still there on my 9.3.0 roku4's) but has dissapeared on 9.4.0, but is seems that the programmers have decided to make it non-selectable with the new os (?).  Not good.  Was this checked before rollout?  Don't think so.  Maybe older sets and newer ultras dont have this problem, but my 3 roku4's haven't gotten the upgrade and I only have the one ultra/4640x. So I wonder what gives.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: OS 9.4.0 build 4174-29 power/logout @~4hrs on ultra 4640x

Are you speaking of the "Bandwidth saver" under Settings->Network?  Perhaps the update enabled it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Beck38
Level 9

Re: OS 9.4.0 build 4174-29 power/logout @~4hrs on ultra 4640x

No.  There used to be another limiter in 9.3.0 that was 4hrs, but in 9.4.0 is has been removed.  I checked the bandwidth saver (it was set to off) and toggled it on and then back off, to no avail.  After 3-4 hours the unit exits out of the running app, no questions asked.  Once or twice the last couple days it exited to a blank screen, the only way to regain control was to press either the back button several times or the home button; if it happend more times I'd know which one worked.  

0 Kudos