Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spiritriver
Streaming Star

Re: Daily HDCP Error Since Firmware 11 Update

Everyone but Roku knows it.  Have you ever had an Amazon box?  The "kludgy FireCrap box" is working reliably, and always has.  BTW, the "whining" is about a product.  You on the other hand are whining about other people - fellow consumers.  Which whining is less appropriate?  

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

It’s become just childish foot stomping. If you can get a child to read my earlier comments you’d discover I’ve complained too, but the foot stomping is getting very old. Just keep wailing like it’s gonna make them jump…

And I own 9 active streaming boxes, all but an Android tv (was even kludgier than a CrapStick so I ditched it), and nVidia cause no one is worth $200+. Firesticks are junk and the interface is awful.

But you enjoy cutting off your nose to spite your face.

0 Kudos
Spiritriver
Streaming Star

I'm not using a "crapstick."  It's a FireCube, and it's perfect. However, you can badmouth whoever you want, but the reality is, there is a threshold regarding the number of complaints submitted.  Once a certain number - whatever they decide is a trigger, is reached, they will jump, or go out of business.  Therefore, I'll keep on complaining.  If it offends you, stop reading.  

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

It’s a **bleep** stick regardless of the form factor. The same UI whether it’s a stick or box.

And I’m sure someone at Roku was just waiting for your whine before they decide to fix it…

0 Kudos
Spiritriver
Streaming Star

Well, the "bleep" non-stick has a better picture quality than Roku.  The only reason I put up with Roku is that may wife uses the headphone on the remote in the mornings to keep from waking me.  If all Amazon devices are sticks, so are all Rokus.  Buy an additional nine devices and you still won't beat one that works perfectly.  BTW, the same UI doesn't mean the same hardware.  A (at least an Amazon) box manages heat better and has more RAM.  Oh yeah, where do you insert a SD card in a stick?  

0 Kudos

Roku Ultra 4800x gives me HDCP errors.

I keep getting HDCP error messages and have to go over, unplug Roku and restart it, seems to solve the problem but it is a pain in the **bleep**, probably happens more than 50% of the time.

Today when I fired it up I noticed the menu access has changed, anyone know about this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Ultra 4800x gives me HDCP errors.

HDCP errors are usually caused either by a defective HDMI cable or contamination inside the HDMI port(s). The first thing to try is a different HDMI cable. You don't need expensive cables. I use Amazon Basics cables, which are quite inexpensive, and I have no issues with 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision with either my 4800 or my Shield players. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Whining about people whining is more appropriate. Roku is wholly aware of the issues. Providing your issue us one thing, moaning is another. Enjoy your Amazon KludgeStick.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

You may be the first report of this with an Ultra. Neither of my Ultras has done it.

0 Kudos
JohnCap523
Roku Guru

It’s absolutely not the hardware. It’s the 11.x firmware.

0 Kudos