Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Droid1
Reel Rookie

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

Mine freezes after 10 mins in use. Reboot makes it works again for 10 mins again then freezes. Unplugged it for several minutes still the same thing happened. 

Roku player 10.5 OS

Droid1
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

Mine has already updated to 10.5 and my remote works. I rebooted several times. Unplugged it several times. It's obvious the update is causing everyone to have this problem. Most people probably think it's their internet but it's not. My phone, laptop and pc are working just fine streaming 

Al131
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have disconnected power several times.  Always get the same result.  A splash screen about 10.5 and will not respond to remote or mobile app.  VERY UNHAPPY!!!!

sureshp

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

My Roku is also frozen in the ‘Introducing Roku OS10.5’ screen . Perhaps Roku engineers should get rid of this annoying Learn more screen.

dotten
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Doing the soft reset of pressing:

• Home 5 times
  • Up 1 time
  • Rewind 2 times
  • Fast Forward 2 times

eventually worked for me, but I had to do it about 6/7 times.

cubb850

Jump to solution

This is disgusting. It can’t be an enormous problem to get rid of the OS 10.5 promotion. Please fix this. 

TBMaddox

Jump to solution

Our screen is just stuck i the roku into screen.  Have unplugged & plugged with no luck. Help!!

dash4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I left it unplugged for 10 minutes.

I left it unplugged overnight.

Frozen screen still there and NONE of the remote buttons work. It's not the batteries because the screensaver screen comes up, I press the "home" button and it goes to the frozen screen AGAIN!!!

Meanwhile, I am paying for streaming services I cannot access.

blaahh_ha

Jump to solution

Dismissing the 10.5 promotional dialog should be easy if you're remote is working. If your remote is not working I think you can suppress the promotional dialog by removing your Roku's internet access. Re-pair your remote to your Roku and then reconnect the device's internet after which if the dialog comes back it should be easy to dismiss.

Risaw
Channel Surfer

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote controlsp

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with Roku  when using YouTubeTV. It works for 5-6 minutes and then freezes. Have to go to back to Roku to bring up YouTube TV and it works for another 5-6 minutes. This has occurred all day long. I’ve unplugged the Roku stick, turned off power to the TV, checked other TVs in our house and all are experiencing this issue. However, when I use the YouTube TV app on my iPad, it works fine with no issues.  This is definitely a Roku issue. Please fix this as I experienced zero issues before this upgrade!