Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidajready
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

My Roku 3 also seems better. It has now been up and running for 2 days 23 hours and 46 minutes without freezing.  Please, nobody  say JINX.

0 Kudos
sagoldsmith
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

MIne isn't solved. After a few days not used, today my ROKU 3 was again frozen. All this seems a result of a faulty release of OS 10.5. since it never happened prior to this. Am I going to have to unplug my ROKU 3 each time this happens?

0 Kudos
Tallman64
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Let me be honest with you I think it is definitely a issue with the OS 10.5 update to many people on to many different platforms not to be coincidental. I have Roku 3model4230X until they do a FIX I think you will have to reboot to get AROUND this problem. Mine would get stuck on HOME screen when I turned it on I have found out for ME if I would let it sit for a minute or two after turning on WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING ELSE MINE would not freeze so far I do not believe mine has magically fixed itself it will in my opinion need another update with OUR help to give as much precise information of when and what happens, model#,serial#,software OS/VERSION. Lastly I DO not have any association with Roku I'm trying to help with my trial and errors without making it worse if it could POSSIBLY help somebody. Also I have Roku ultra I have NOT had any problems with that model at all with this update. THANKS

0 Kudos
sagoldsmith
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Has ROKU officially responded to this problem, or are they just hoping the problem will go away (or that we'll upgrade to a new ROKU player)? If they don't come up with a fix, I might have to consider switching to a different streaming platform...

0 Kudos
bobbhei
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

ROKU seems to be ignoring the issue for older units.  I have an older ROKU 3.  Screen is frozen and remote buttons only produce a beep when pressed with the exception of the Netflix button.  This button takes me directly to Netflix.  Then as soon as it loads I back out of Netflix and all buttons work.  They will continue to work until I shut down the session.  Then have to repeat procedure for next session.  Annoying but it allows use of the ROKU 3.

0 Kudos
Tallman64
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello, Just got NEW software update 10.5.0 BUILD 4208 it did not state what it was for I hope this is to address the frozen screen problems time will tell. THANKS

0 Kudos
Tallman64
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To let you know to make sure so I do not get this mixed in and assume and for which I got it wrong, BUT if your screen is frozen on the INTRODUCTION POP-UP WINDOW of the ORIGINAL update of O.S. 10.5 along with your remote not working THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED according to ROKU. But if your remote is not working or screen is frozen on any other channel or screen this a SEPERATE PROBLEM if this has happened due to the O.S. 10.5 update. Sorry if I caused any confusion on these problems. They are requesting Roku device model, serial#,deviceID, and software OS/version.                                                                                                                                               -Exact steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing                                                                                                   -Photo of what you see on screen                                                                                                                               With more detailed information they will be able to get this resolved quicker.                                                                                                    

0 Kudos
IrisR

Jump to solution

Desconectar aplicacion Roku y usar el control regularmente

0 Kudos
Why6

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

I've done all the unplugging one can and no response. I am so sick of Roku's issues. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

@LarryRet

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you see on screen?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos