Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Roku frozen after newest software update

Jump to solution

My remote does not work. I can’t reset because the remote does nothing. Please advise.

Tallman64
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

You need to pull the power plug on unit and wait about 10 to 20 seconds and then plug back in this has worked for me so far to get around this problem.

Jump to solution

I have pulled the power plug and it doesn’t help.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tallman64, look for a new "power saving" option under Settings->System->Power and disable it.  See if that fixes your problem which isn't the same as the "stuck on the update screen" problem that others are reporting.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Tallman64
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I could not find this setting on my unit I have 4230X I checked the menu as per your suggestion maybe specific to newer units? 

0 Kudos
mkinsey
Reel Rookie

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

Tried to work the Roku yesterday, Nov.28, buttons would move nothing on the magenta moving screen.  Turned off the TV and turned it on again to get the frozen welcome screen.   Tried again today and then moved to "support."  Have done the unplugging bit to no avail.  If you haven't solved this in the past two weeks of discussion,  do I have to get a new device?

My box gives me a device id of CT396F394153; SKU 3800R O95 2189038225.  Sorry, I have to leave it to you to figure out the other stuff since I can't get to settings on the frozen screen.

How do I sign this so you can reach me?   mkinsey

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tallman64, it's new with the 10.5 update.  You can see your software version displayed under Settings->System->About.  Not all models even with the update got the new "power saving" setting under Settings->System->Power.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
sagoldsmith
Reel Rookie

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

My Roku 3 had the same problem initially with the frozen screen and a dead remote, but rebooting worked. But today (about 5 days later) when I went to the Roku home screen, again the remote wouldn't work until I unplugged, waited and then plugged it back in. So clearly something has made the system unstable. Any explanation for this? In 7 years with Roku 3 I've never had any problems at all like this...

0 Kudos
Khawkins
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

As of Monday 11/22/21 my 2018 Hisense/Roku TV is not working either.  It is frozen.  Flashes between all black screen and  welcome screen.  Remote does not work either.  Unplugged and restated with no luck.  Also tried factory reset.  Ended up unplugging for now until I see a possible solution.  My unit is only 4 years old.  And shouldn't be trash.  Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts regarding a frozen screen. Please be aware that this thread originally was for the "Introduction of Roku OS 10.5" pop up window that has been resolved by unplugging the power of your Roku device for a couple of minutes (regardless if you have already done this before) and then plug it back in again to see if you are still experiencing the issue.

If you are experiencing an issue regarding a frozen screen, we will need more information from you to understand what you are experiencing:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-exact steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-photo of what you see on screen

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos