Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debjackson

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

How do I fix this issue if the screen is frozen?  I need for someone to walk me through.
D Jackson

Bisquick
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have 5 Roku devices - 2 3810x-Roku Streaming Stick+, 1 Roku Ultra, 1 4230x-Roku 3, and 2 4210x-Roku 2.  Of all these, only the 2 Roku 2s are effected by this update.  The symptom is when they are left alone for several hours, the screen freezes and unplugging and rebooting solves this issue until the poor babies are left alone again. I have tried this on multiple tvs with these 2 guys and the symptoms are the same.  I hope there's either a fix or a reversal for this OS 10.5.

oldman3

Jump to solution

I have tried to unplug power, wait and plug back in, replace batteries and pairing the remote. When the remote does not work, there is no way to get out of the home sceen. I have upgraded my internet service with out results. I have one stick next to the router that works, one that buffers and one that is useless.

Rob21
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Super frustrating - Roku still has not solved. Screen remains high jacked. 

lindente

Jump to solution

Followed your instructions for unplugging and then plugging back in.  Gets the Roku animation and then it goes to the screen with options in the left and channel icons on the right, but it is frozen and remote doesn't work.  What do we do?  I'd this can't be fixed what do we have to buy to be able to access Roku and will you give us a rebate on the equipment we own that you have now rendered useless?

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@lindente 

Try using the official mobile Roku Remote available in the Play Store/Apple Store and see if you can navigate your Roku again using phone/tablet.

For what its worth, across some of my Roku devices, I have to occassionally pop out the batteries and put them back in to get the remote responsive again. (swap left battery to right, etc).  Sometimes, just have to whack the remote in your hand also.  Primitive, but effective.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Sabu

Jump to solution

Apparently, you didn’t disable the introduction screen hard enough because it’s still showing up 2 weeks later. 

lstewman

Jump to solution

11-27-2021.  Experiencing same issue.  Tried solutions described here, to no avail.  Instructions said to let you know . . . . . . 

MsHeard

Re: Ustuck on the New Feature screen

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku boxes and 1 Roku TV.  The Roku TV had no problems but the 3 boxes did.  I initially unplugged adapter from the device, at least 4 times.   Didnt work.  Then I unplugged from both the device and the TV.  Waited a couple of minutes and plugged back in to TV first, then the device.  The Roku reset and works fine.  Tonight my boyfriend called and his is not working, so hoping it works for him.  One further comment I have is Roku really failed a lot of its customers on this issue.  I will not recommend them in the future.  This problem went on far too long, and they continued to push back by asking for info not needed.  If they really thought this was a problem specific to a specific device, Well, I have no faith or trust in their knowledge base.  Next update may be worse!!

Tallman64
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] Screen frozen on "Introducing Roku OS 10.5" and remote not working

Jump to solution

Same problem stays frozen after unit turns off and try to use again light will dim on unit so it is seeing the remote. Worked perfectly up to update ,only way to get going again is to pull plug and wait 20 seconds or so and plug back in.