Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timepoor

Re: OS 10.5 Update stuck on screen announcing OS 10.5

Jump to solution

Yup, 1 Roku TV and 2 4670x devices got the update today and dead in the water. Some apps open but I can't view any content.

Disaster...

Thameslink

Re: OS 10.5 Update stuck on screen announcing OS 10.5

Jump to solution

Same here. Can’t exit the New Features Screen with my Roku 4200x… I can’t access any of my channels to stream… so frigging frustrating!

DO SOMETHING ROKU!!!

BCam
Reel Rookie

Re: introducing Roku OS 10.5 screen frozen and won't respond to remote control

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with my TCL Roku TV since the update.  Unfortunately I don't have a Roku box to reboot.  In the meantime, my Android Phone works.  I tried "forgetting" and re-pairing one of my two remotes and it won't re-pair.  My other remote is still paired and sometimes will work with multiple button presses.

It seems like this is a bug in release 10.5 and hopefully they will fix it.

BCam
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Voila!  I went through a re-start function on my TCL Roku TV and both remotes are now working.  I hope this helps someone else.

soflakate

Jump to solution

Same thing happened to me tonight. I tried disconnecting the Roku device, removing and reinstalling the batteries, nothing worked. Then I sort of jiggled the Roku device without actually removing it and we're back.

I was puzzled by this, since I hadn't touched the TV when this happened. But now I recall it has happened before. Maybe I need to give some slack to the Roku cable. Could be it's being slowly pulled out of its port.

charlesadamek
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@soflakate

Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly, did not work for me but glad it solved your issue.

I gave up and got a new remote. It worked like a charm first time I put batteries in. Frustrated that I could not make the old one work, but I had wasted altogether too much time trying to get it to function.

Has anyone actually been able to contact Roku or heard from them regarding the issue? i suspect it is a problem with older hardware and they did not do a good job making the new OS 10.5 compatible with older units. 

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Nothing to do but reboot the device.  I hope Roku fixes this!

Photografs
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

From photografs: Screen still frozen. 

stshenry

Jump to solution

Same here. Knowledgeable son-in-law advised trying to re-boot; then re-pair remote; neither worked. Then he advised getting Roku Mobile app on my i-phone and that worked, i-phone becomes the Roku remote

Xjonx
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Dear Roku,

Frozen and unresponsive version note videos and screens? Power cycling? Reboot multiple times? This is ridiculous.

Next time there is an update, please leave me OUT!