Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hiawath1
Channel Surfer

Re: Video only displaying in top left of screen

I provided all the information you requested plus photos a month ago (see page 2 of this thread). I'm not going to keep re-posting the same information. You didn't provide any suggestions then and haven't since. I'm just getting a runaround. I was happy with Roku until this 10.5 software update that has caused problems for many users. The lack of customer support will only cultivate a bad image of Roku. 

schleima
Binge Watcher

Good ol' @RokuDanny-R strikes again.

I honestly think he may be a bot.  There's nothing about his responses that seem human.  Seriously.

@RokuDanny-Rplease prove me wrong by actually posting bespoke advice and updates that help the community, as well as giving us a peek behind the curtain as to what Roku's software engineers are up to.  Please!

kar12345

Okay so this happened to me. You click on settings then Display type. When you get there I clicked on 720 TV, but you can click on anyone of them. When you click one say yes for everything after that you need to go on a channel and if it’s zoomed in or out on your screen go back to display type and click a different display. Once you find the one that fits your screen go back to Display type and click Auto detect and it should say the type you picked if it does click yes and it should work. 

0 Kudos
schleima
Binge Watcher

@kar12345 This is one of the possible solutions but it didn't work for me.

My error was definitely caused by the power saver not restoring the correct resolution upon being woken up.  Since I deactivated the power saver several months ago, I have not had this problem.

And by the w@y, still no response from @RokuDanny-R 

Hiawath1
Channel Surfer

kar12345, I appreciate you posting a suggestion, but unfortunately it does not work for me. My Roku is set on the correct screen size and my player doesn't have an "auto detect" function for display. Most of my channels have displayed fine after the Roku 10.5 update; it's just four that have menus shrunk in the left corner. I contacted customer service for the three companies and aside from offering basic trouble-shooting tips, they couldn't help. ABC told me that their Roku channels won't run properly on my older player. It's funny because they did fine until the 10.5 update. 

Hiawath1
Channel Surfer

Schleima: You're correct, absolute silence from any of the Roku Forum Moderators. It's sad that no help has been provided by Roku, nor the companies that own the channels I've had problems with.

Hiawath1
Channel Surfer

I bought an HDTV a week ago and connected my Roku via an HDMI cable. Now all of the channels work fine; no display issues at all. I suspected this was the problem as the moderators kept asking how I was connecting my player to my TV. If the moderators would have shared that the 10.5 (now 11) software update wasn't compatible with a component video connection, it would have saved me a lot of time. With that said, I'm grateful that my player is displaying video properly again.

0 Kudos
Jaccor

Has this issue been resolved? Every so often video playback from Amazon Prime only shows in the top left corner of the screen. I am having to constantly unplug and plug the device to temporarily fix it, and then after a while it happens again. I saw there was another post that was more general but there was no way to reply to that one. Please note asking to reset or restar the device is NOT a fix. Seems like enough people are having this issue for this to be consider a real bug, meaning hope don’t get asked to provide more details, serial number, etc. This is a device I bought at Costo and just want it to work as it shoul!

0 Kudos
Hiawath1
Channel Surfer

Jaccor--Is your Roku connected to your TV via an HDMI cable? The problem existed for me when I had the Roku connected to an older TV using a component A/V cable. It seemed that when the 10.5 software update came out, it wasn't compatible with the older component connection. After a while when no fix was offered or the incompatibility even acknowledged by Roku, I purchased an HDTV and connected my player to it using an HDMI cable. Instantly, the problem was gone. The Amazon Prime menu and content displays normal for me. If you have your Roku connected to your TV using an HDMI cable and are still seeing content displaying in the upper left corner, I'm not sure what to say. Unfortunately, what I've observed is that you can't rely on the moderators to offer a solution.

0 Kudos
N8tdog
Reel Rookie

The issue has been resolved for a very long time now.  Roku has been working very well since.  Enjoy your purchase!

0 Kudos