Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ravim
Binge Watcher

Re: HDCP Error Detected (Error 020)

Jump to solution

Turning off Power Saver mode works. 10 days and counting.

MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

thank you; I will give that a try. 

0 Kudos
MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

ty for that tip, so far it's working; I also had my Roku firmware reverted back to 10.5 today so we'll see if that also does the trick.  

0 Kudos
ravim
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Need to thank @Paul22 ; he is the one who first came up with the tip. I am now probably at Day 15, and it hasn't happened.

Ravi

0 Kudos
MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

ty that helped me as well 

0 Kudos
Paul22
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Glad to hear things are still working well for everyone who disabled power save mode. Still working for me as well!

0 Kudos
XITPro
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Danny, the link you inserted in your post for how to fix a hdcp error, returned the following,  “Article not found. Please check the url and try again.”

In fact EVERY article I try to pull up from Roku’s support page gets this error.

Furthermore, Roku provides no way for its clients to report these issues.  Customer support page has no email address for supplying the information that you suggest we document.

0 Kudos
mowerdude

Regarding the HDCP Error Detected Message

Jump to solution

I never had this problem with my ROKU 3.

I'm putting the Ultra back in storage and returning to using the ROKU 3.

0 Kudos
Paul22
Streaming Star

Re: Regarding the HDCP Error Detected Message

Jump to solution

Guys, DISABLE POWER SAVER MODE. Problem solved.

@RokuMary-F  or another Roku employee, can someone please sticky this power saver mode workaround or post it somewhere for all to see? Also, when is Roku going to release updated firmware that fixes this problem (i.e. fixes the broken power saver mode functionality causing HDCP errors)? It’s pretty obvious what the problem is yet Roku refuses to acknowledge it and fix it. This has gone on way too long and it’s very frustrating. If this was Google, Amazon, or Apple, the problem would’ve been fixed within days.

0 Kudos
MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Re: Regarding the HDCP Error Detected Message

Jump to solution

Agreed; that was the only thing that resolved it for me too aside from going back to Firmware 10.5

0 Kudos