Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul22
Streaming Star

Re: HDCP Error Detected (Error 020)

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F  I would need to re-enable power saver mode to get the error to occur. Is the tracker ID really required?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Paul22,

Thanks for the message.

Yes, please. In order for us to send this information to our Roku team, we would request you to provide the Issue tracker ID.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christophoros
Reel Rookie

HDCP Error. Tried everything

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

I am also having the same issue with the HDCP error. I have had the device since February and it worked well until probably late April early May. I have tried all the steps and even changes the hdmi to no avail. 

Since it's pretty evident this is a firmware error, my software version is 11.0.0 build 4193-CR.

Can you provide us with an update on the process to fix this bug? This reflects very poorly on Roku...

Thnx for any assistance you can offer

0 Kudos
Christophoros
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @RokuMary-F

I am also having the same issue with the HDCP error. I have had the device since February and it worked well until probably late April early May. I have tried all the steps and even changes the hdmi to no avail. 

Since it's pretty evident this is a firmware error, my software version is 11.0.0 build 4193-CR.

Can you provide us with an update on the process to fix this bug? This reflects very poorly on Roku...

Thnx for any assistance you can offer

0 Kudos
tincada
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is a major issue that ROKU seemingly ignores and pushes it off on the user to fix.  Never had this problem until I connected my VIZIO & SAMSUNG TVs.    There is a device on Amazon, a splitter that somehow eliminates the issue.  ROKU just tell us if getting this device will fix the issue for older tvs.  Transparency PLEASE! 

0 Kudos
tincada
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It seems it's an issue with older HD TVs.  There is a splitter on Amazon that is supposed to work but I don't want to buy it if it's not a sure thing.  I have three other TVs and never see it there.  ROKU support is not helping. 

0 Kudos
ravim
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

All: I repost below what was proposed by @Paul22 . I turned off the power saver mode about a week ago and I have not had issue once; used to happed 2-3 times a day. I have also given up on Roku Tech Support. I provided every bit of information on the support ticket and I have not received any response or even an acknowledgement except on my first ticket they said they are escalating to their engineering. It is amazing that they have a fantastic product and content but **** tech support and no one in management cares.

From @Paul22 

Have you guys tried disabling power saver mode (the feature that automatically turns off the Roku device after 20 mins of inactivity) to see if that helps?

I was getting the HDCP error every day after not using it for an extended period of time (i.e. overnight). When I’d turn my tv on the next day, I would get a black screen with a “no signal” message. I would then need to press the home button on my Roku remote to get the Roku home screen to appear. Then I’d start streaming something and I’d get the HDCP error right away.

I disabled power saver mode, and now when I turn my tv on after not watching anything for many hours (i.e. turn it on the next day), I now see the Roku screen saver instead of the “no signal” message. And when starting to stream something, it works fine with no HDCP error. It’s been 3 days and so far so good. I’ll continue to keep an eye on it.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We appreciate your effort to reach us and for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Elizabeth7

Jump to solution

Hello Danny, please see my information below.

Model: 3941X Roku Express 4K+

Serial #: X01600NM3X6A 

Device ID: S07P218M3X6A

Software Version: 11.0.0 build 4193-CR

Issue ID: 6A-250-073

Elizabeth

0 Kudos
MikeSW1974
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as the others; I have changed hdmi cables and it doesn't  help past a day or two.  

Here is my information : 

Roku Express 4K+ Model 3941RW
Serial Number X01600MFURNL
Device ID SOAH514FURNL
Software Version 11.0.0 build 4193-CR

This is happening on any app I use really, From Discovery+ to SlingTV

0 Kudos