Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miadlor
Streaming Star

Re: HDCP Error Detected (Error 020)

Jump to solution

Hidden settings for HDR, in Roku, will temporarily correct this issue until they make a permanent fix. 

0 Kudos
dilydaly
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What do you do because we are to the point of getting ready to get rid of all three of our Roku devices in the house.  Can't even watch TV normal.  If one of them are erroring out it is sitting with a circle spinning in the middle of the screen and then the picture is in 1970's blurry quality.  

ravim
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

It happened 3 times yesterday. Only way to recover is to turn off power to Roku stick and restart. Hopefully Roku has some solution. @danny: Will it work if use another stick?

0 Kudos
Pungh0Li0
Channel Surfer

Re: Are you seeing HDCP errors on Roku Express 4K+ device?

Jump to solution

Model 3820X

vers 10.5.1:4066

ID so8y41dseddf

serial X01700RSEDDF

---------

Happens on all channels I've tried (Netflix, HBO Max, Plex etc...  all up to date).

Occurs after Auto Power Save shutdown or when attaching to TV.

Can get it working by unplugging TV and plugging back in.

I've disabled Auto Power Save and it has been stable for a day. Not going to try to reproduce it now.

Directly connected (no cable). Power from wall outlet. Previous stick (3600x) never had an issue.

0 Kudos
brettcar10

Jump to solution

Me too!  I get the HDCP errors and follow the instructions only to come back again. What gives ROKU?

micheles1145
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here is my info.  This was happening with my Roku 2 and I had not changed anything.  It went from working fine with TV (LG 4K UHD) and cables; then suddenly started giving me the purple HDCP Error screen.  Now I have a new Roku 4K+ and it's giving me the HDCP error and I have followed ALL the suggested steps for correcting.  I even reset my TV back to factory settings!  This is obviously a Roku problem.  Wish I would've known...  Here's my info:

Model: 3941X-Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number: X01600K1W2SN

Software version: 10.5.0 - build 4208-CR

Uptime: 1 hour 22 minutes

Device ID: S07P21C1W2SN

Tracker:

Time stamp: 2022-05-1116:31:50Z

Issue: ID SN-188-191

0 Kudos
micheles1145
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 10.5] HDCP Error - need assistance

Jump to solution

This is to the point of me feeling ripped off by Roku and not getting ANY customer service from Roku!!! This is so VERY CLEARLY a Roku Firmware update issue and yet no solution provided!!!  I already provided the requested detailed information to "Danny".  I am going to start charging Roku for my hourly time used. Life that I will never get back trying to fix ROKU's problem!!!

JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

It is beyond frustrating that none of these tech companies give a **bleep** about customer issues. There’s zero tech support from any of them.

0 Kudos
micheles1145
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Makes me wonder if they’re trying to get everyone to buy a Roku TV! I’m about ready to spend the big bucks on an Apple TV if Roku doesn’t come up with a solution. Then go to every review site I can think of/find and write scathing reviews-with some comments from here!!!

JohnCap523
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have 5 Rokus, and I support about 15 others, and I have a latest gen Apple TV. Even with these glitches Roku is far more intelligently laid out and easier to use. The only advantages the ATV has is to be a HomeKit hub and to display HomeKit security cameras and doorbells. But the interface annoys me so much I moved it to the least used tv we have.

0 Kudos