Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kboudre
Level 7

Not work at 4K

My current setup is a Visio PX65 hooked up to an Onkyo TX-N585 and the roku ultra hooked up to the onkyo.  Recently I have been having an issues where the roku will default to 1080P.  I can manually set it to 4K but once the roku reboots it is back to 1080P.  I have also since hooked an AppleTV up and it connects at 4K everytime.  

I would like to use the roku at 4K and ideas on what I may be able to do? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DBDukes
Level 14

Re: Not work at 4K

You didn't say which Roku you have. The model number helps.

Just to be clear, you are going to Settings > Display type and picking the proper setting? Not leaving it on Auto detect?

And, when you do this, if you then reboot the device, it changes to a different setting?

If so, which setting are you choosing? And when it reboots and changes, what is the setting it changes to?

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
Kboudre
Level 7

I have the Roku Ultra.  Yes I goto the Display setting and select either of the 4K options it test fine and then I select OK to keep settings...  Once the device reboots I get a screen stating the display settings were change back to the 1080P and I once again need to go back to setting to get 4K.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

Hook directly to the TV as a test. Does it retain a 4K setting?

If not, it seems something might be amiss with the Roku or the HDMI cable.

If so, it seems something might be amiss between the Roku and the Onkyo device. HDMI cable? A configuration on the Onkyo (you've tried the Roku config)?

There are other users that have used that brand device, and may offer suggestions on it.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos