Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMTL79
Level 7

No voice audio in media player, background audio works

Just started this week. The voice track not working in media player, but all the background and ambient audio is working. Never noticed the birds and dogs barking in the background until you can't hear voices. Have watched these same videos on same Roku player before and they worked just fine. Tried jump drive on another Roku, exact same model, on another TV and all audio works just fine. Did regular restart, factory restart, changed audio settings, nothing has worked. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jalmm8
Level 7

Re: No voice audio in media player, background audio works

I am having the same problem as JMTL79 in that no voice is heard when I am streaming (ex. netflix, amazon, disney, etc.).  To be clear, all other background sound is normal - everything except voices which are not audible.  I have rebooted, power off for 1 minute and been through all ROKU audio settings without any luck.  What is the problem causing this and how can it be resolved?  Much thanks if there is a fix for this as this is very frustrating and makes the ROKU completely unusable

0 Kudos
jalmm8
Level 7

Re: No voice audio in media player, background audio works

I have the same problem as I can hear all background sound but can not hear any foreground or background voice audio.  I have reset ROKU and disconnected all power to ROKU, TV, AV Receiver, etc for 1 minute to see if that would help which it didn't.  I also tried all HDMI audio settings in ROKU menu and all had the same problem.  This is a problem that we have been trying to work through for about a month.  I have only seen this post, but with no ROKU post.  When I attempt to post it gets removed by ROKU as spa...  Any answers would be very helpful as the ROKUs I have are worthless as they are.

0 Kudos