Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmeade

No video, only sound when using Smart View to cast from Samsung tablet to Hisense Roku TV

When I use Smart View to cast my Samsung tablet to my Hisense Roku TV, only the sound comes through the TV. The tv screen remains black. Is there a way to have the video displayed on the TV as well?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: No video, only sound when using Smart View to cast from Samsung tablet to Hisense Roku TV

Hey @tmeade

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Have you tried restarting both your TV and tablet? We would recommend starting there then let us know if the issue will continue. 

Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tias504
Reel Rookie

Re: No video, only sound when using Smart View to cast from Samsung tablet to Hisense Roku TV

Same here.   No change after resetting devices. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Tias504

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried rebooting both your TV and the mobile device to see if that helps? What are the exact steps to reproduce the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LannyA

I'm having the same issue on my 65" TCL TV and have tried every fix. Smart View works fine on my other tvs with ROKU express.

0 Kudos
Tias504
Reel Rookie

Yes,  as I said in the original message I rebooted both devices.  The phone is a Samsung S20FE The TV is a TCL 65" with Roku built in.   It connects but only with audio,  no video at all,  just a black screen. 

0 Kudos
Tias504
Reel Rookie

Lanny,

My problem is also with the TCL 65" and the Smartview is on a Samsung Galaxy S20FE

0 Kudos
JasonS77
Reel Rookie

Exact same TCL 65" series 6 & Samsung Note S20. Worked fine for a year now connects and sound comes through but screen is black. Very annoying seems common.

Johncorley

Samsung removed access to cast video to non Samsung devices in android 11+  Source  

0 Kudos