Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 12

Re: No video displayed. Blinking white LED. Please help.

"atc98092" wrote:
"Kmanolt" wrote:
YOU HAVE DEAD BATTERIES IN YOUR REMOTE!!!!

For a first poster, that's a rather rude statement, especially in all caps. And if you read the posts, you will see that his issue has nothing to do with the remote. 

I think it's a bot.. look at the time of day they signed up.. first post.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Probably right, but I don't pay any attention to the time stamps. Too many users in too many different time zones around the world.  Smiley Very Happy
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

"atc98092" wrote:
Probably right, but I don't pay any attention to the time stamps. Too many users in too many different time zones around the world.  Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, I've just learned if there's a "weird" response from a first time user, just minutes after they've signed up, it's probably a bot.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just had this problem after digging it out of a box and trying to factory reset the Roku so I could give it to someone else. Turns out I had always used it with the included yellow/white/red AV cable adapter so it wasn't even trying to put a signal out via the HDMI. I dug out the old adapter and the picture showed up. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I just up-graded to a ROKU Ultra and want to used my old ROKU 2 XS on a different TV and I am having the same flashing LED.  I am using a HDMI and have always used a HDMI.  My only difference is I had a Ethernet connection at my main TV and will have to use WIFI at new location.  IMO it is pretty dumb to have it not output something as how is anyone supposed to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

It is always outputting something.  Try it on the other TV.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hitting the reset located near the power inputs a few times finally got the HDMI output to work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same issue - brand new out of the box never used,  It said it would update the software all I get is bouncing RoKu sign for hours - New batteries, tried on multiple tvs, different HDMI jacks, different power outlets, moved closer to the internet, Nothing. I am so pissed you cant get anyone on the phone at ROKU to help. Reset button doesnt work, tried rebooting, nothing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Pressing the reset button worked to fix my issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

So I had the same issue. Fortunately I had another Roku to keep switching out. In my case, it turned out it was the HDMI cord and the internet.  It was blinking because it lacked internet but the lack of picture was the hdmi cord which is why it was hard to figure out. Hope this helps someone in the future. 

0 Kudos