Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
antnt
Level 7

No video displayed. Blinking white LED. Please help.

Hi Roku forums.

Basically there was a power outage and when the power came back on my roku no longer displays video. The led blicks twice rapidly. Then off. Then twice rapidly. Then off (if that makes sense). I have tried different hdmi cables. I have tried different hdmi ports on my screen. I have also tried powering off and on again. And also have tried the factory reset. Still no audio/visual display.

What does the double blinking led status mean? Does that m3ean that its fucked??? Smiley Sad

I have looked through the manual and all that. As well as looking around google. Please can someone share some knowledge with me or at least point me to the relevant reading material.

THanks in advance.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
bvd1022
Level 9

Re: No video displayed. Blinking white LED. Please help.

"antnt" wrote:
Hi Roku forums.

Basically there was a power outage and when the power came back on my roku no longer displays video. The led blicks twice rapidly. Then off. Then twice rapidly. Then off (if that makes sense). I have tried different hdmi cables. I have tried different hdmi ports on my screen. I have also tried powering off and on again. And also have tried the factory reset. Still no audio/visual display.

What does the double blinking led status mean? Does that m3ean that its fucked??? Smiley Sad

I have looked through the manual and all that. As well as looking around google. Please can someone share some knowledge with me or at least point me to the relevant reading material.

THanks in advance.

Hi,

It sounds like what the problem is, is that your player cannot detect an Internet connection. This happens whenever there is a power outage or if your Internet provider is down for maintenance and your connection is off.

This is something that happens to me periodically whenever there is a power outage or whenever my Internet connection is down due to my Internet provider either doing maintenance or an outage in my area. To be perfectly honest, the scheduled maintenance that my Internet provider does tends to get under my skin because they don’t offer an email or a phone call telling customers when service will be down. It is even more annoying when there is an outage in the area and it can take a couple of days before a technician is available that can fix any issues.

I had such an experience a couple of weeks ago when my connection went down for over four days. As someone who does his work online, I was extremely frustrated, so much so that I finally am in the process of getting a cell phone strictly so that I can communicate whenever my Internet connection is down. It was something that I never planned on doing as I don’t do much traveling and did not really see a purpose of getting a cell phone, but I finally decided that I need one so that I can communicate with my readers and/or business contacts whenever I am down or for emergency purposes.

If my Internet provider were better at communicating with customers I would hold off on getting a phone until such time that I am traveling, but I don’t really have that much faith in my provider’s ability to communicate with its customer base. Anyway, if you are seeing a blinking light on your Roku, check your Internet connection and see if your connection or wireless equipment is working. 90% of the time, if your Internet connection is up and you still see a blinking light, all you have to do is let the Roku scan for available networks and connect to your network that way, but most of the time once your Internet connection has been re-established your Roku and other devices connected to your wireless network will be connected automatically. Best of luck to you.
0 Kudos
knuckle
Level 7

Now that power is back up and your internet is hopefully working again try unplugging the roku for a minute and letting it reboot
ROKU 3 4114AT076252
ROKU 2 LT 16A182002191
ROKU 2 LT #2 16A19K025194
ROKU HD 18D2CP067635
Roku TV 2N002P050587 2WE012050587
ROKU HDMI STICK 5S35CF000124
Roku Express + YU000X236772
all running wireless on a Technicolor C2000T
0 Kudos
antnt
Level 7

Awe thansk for all the info. I have in fact been trying to power it on without an active internet connection. I figured it would still start up but just not connect online. Will check it out when i get home this evening.
0 Kudos
antnt
Level 7

Hi forums thanks for the assistance.

Basically still nothing. I connected the roku device via ethernet cable to a router with internet access and powered it on. Still no video or audio displayed. I have even held in the factory reset button several times.

The led blinks twice quickly. Then off. Then twice quickly. Then off.

Is what im explaining here with the blinking making sense? This device is a large part of my evening life and i just want to establish if it is permanently broken. Does this blinking pattern mean a hardware fault or something like that. I am struggling to find any resources online that describe this exact problem. Please can you guys assist me.

THanks in advance.
0 Kudos
microlady
Level 7

Your white light blinking means the Roku cannot find your internet connection. What is your internet connection setup? Usually, one can unplug the Roku, the modem, the router, and sometimes a computer and then wait 20 seconds and plug all back in and see if the Roku can find the internet. I have always used a wireless connection so I am not familiar with setting up the Roku with an ethernet
connection. What model Roku do you have? How was everything connected when the Roku was working? Internet, TV, Roku? what kind of Internet connection setup do you have?
Did you originally hook everything up when it was working? If so, outline the hookup for us from your internet connection to the Roku to the TV. The white light blinking is normal when the
Roku is not connected to a live internet connection.
Original Roku Model N1000,bought 2008 (2014 still works perfectly)
2014 new owner of Roku 3500 (HDMI) streaming stick
2016 new owner of Roku 3600 (HDMI) streaming stick
0 Kudos
cap3620
Level 7

Was there ever a fix found for this? I am going thru the exact same thing. I have no picture or sound. Yes, tried several televisions, HDMI cables. I have done factory reset (paper clip holding in the reset button for 30 seconds) and plugged directly into modem. Starts out with solid white light, then single flash then ultimately double flashing. No picture at all. 
antnt
Level 7

Well two years down the line i have decided to dig this thing out and see if i can get it working. Still nothing though. Still the same double blinking light. No video coming through. My symptoms are exactly the same as the guy above me. Starts out solid. Then single flashing. Then double flashing. No video coming through.
Someone suggested that it was a power problem so i replaced the ac converter. Still nothing.
Also tried with a working ethernet cable plugged in before someone suggests that. Nothing.
What else can i do here. Should i send it in to see if they can repair it. What would be my next course of action. I see the warranty claim is only for 30 days so thats that out the window. I kind of only had it for a couple of months before it it was tragically taken from me.
Its a Roku 3 by the way.
Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Kmanolt
Level 7

YOU HAVE DEAD BATTERIES IN YOUR REMOTE!!!!
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Kmanolt" wrote:
YOU HAVE DEAD BATTERIES IN YOUR REMOTE!!!!

For a first poster, that's a rather rude statement, especially in all caps. And if you read the posts, you will see that his issue has nothing to do with the remote. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos