Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

No video and image since firmware update!

I am having issue getting Roku to work on my pc Dell monitor S2417DG. (2560 x 1440p)

I own Roku express 3900. The device work perfectly on all home TV's and my older pc monitor but on my 2 years old Dell monitor nothing work.

It's related to the firmware. I did a test and did go buy a brand new Roku Premiere. The Roku premiere worked on the monitor until in the setup the device said it would check and update to most recent firmware. Right after that my dell monitor became black. I took the device and plugged it into my old Asus pc monitor and it was working on that one.

So could the developers support Dell monitors again in a new firmware update. ( at least my monitor model ).

If someone have fix. That would be nice!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: No video and image since firmware update!

@Reasonz wrote:

I am having issue getting Roku to work on my pc Dell monitor S2417DG. (2560 x 1440p)

I own Roku express 3900. The device work perfectly on all home TV's and my older pc monitor but on my 2 years old Dell monitor nothing work.

It's related to the firmware. I did a test and did go buy a brand new Roku Premiere. The Roku premiere worked on the monitor until in the setup the device said it would check and update to most recent firmware. Right after that my dell monitor became black. I took the device and plugged it into my old Asus pc monitor and it was working on that one.

So could the developers support Dell monitors again in a new firmware update. ( at least my monitor model ).

If someone have fix. That would be nice!

The Roku has likely set itself to a display resolution that the monitor doesn't support. First check to see if the monitor supports either 1080p or 720p. If so, then take the Roku to a different TV and manually set the resolution on one the monitor supports. You should be able to then see it on the monitor. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I tried that. 

Plugged the device to a 1080p, selected 1080p and back to the Dell monitor. No luck

Plugged back to the 1080p and selected 4k 60hz and back to the Dell monitor. no luck

I'm pretty sure its HDCP related and it happened right after the device firmware updated.

Highlighted
Level 21

Yeah, HDCP can cause all sorts of issues. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos