Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hixsongary
Level 7

No sound

Jump to solution

Just bought roku premier, to replace my old roku, which was having no-sound issues when I opened videos.    Now, my new roku is even worse.   Anything on amazon prime, I have to open three or four times before I get a version with sound. Just happened on Netflix too.    

I can unplug/plug back in roku, but it keeps happening.   Roku, you are better than this.   Any suggestions to fix this.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: No sound

Jump to solution
Having the same problem on two different units suggests the problem may be external to the Rokus. Try connecting to a different HDMI port if your tv has more than one. HDMI cables can develop problems and need to be replaced.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Jump to solution
Having the same problem on two different units suggests the problem may be external to the Rokus. Try connecting to a different HDMI port if your tv has more than one. HDMI cables can develop problems and need to be replaced.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Nancyw730
Level 7

Jump to solution

Geez, it's  harder to leave a message than get "support" from Roku.  My advice is unplug and cast to your TV.  This no sound issue is wide spread and indicative of something no one has yet noted

0 Kudos
hixsongary
Level 7

Jump to solution

I changed cables and HDMI ports and that has resolved the issue.  Thank you for the reply.

0 Kudos