Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kparks
Level 7

No sound!

I have no sound coming from my TV. The volume is turned up, mute isn't on, there are no headphones or anything else plugged in. I tried unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in. I've tried switching ends from the TV to the streaming box...I cant get anything to work! Help!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No sound!

@kparks 

Thanks for the note.

Is this issue happening on a specific channel or on all channels? What device are you having this issue with? Is there anything else connected to your device, like a home theater system?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

Are you hearing the sounds when you press a remote button? As in is there anything? How about when the Roku is first booting, when the letters are dancing? 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
maggi129
Level 7

I have a Roku Express connected to a Magnavox tv.  It has worked perfectly for 8 months.  Today I have no sound.  Yesterday everything was fine.  I read the other posts and you asked if there's sound when they push the Roku remote buttons -- yes.  It beeps. There is no sound on all channels even my Xfinity Recordings.  Could there be an update I need? There is nothing else connected to the tv except the Roku.  Device ID C4394D158087  SKU #3900RW

0 Kudos
GRR1
Level 7

I was in the middle of watching a program and the sound went out. I have no sound on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc, etc. The little "doink" sounds the remote makes when switching doesn't have sound either. My TV has perfect sound, just no sound on Roku.

0 Kudos
Duck55
Level 8

How do I contact the moderator? I have no sound on my Roku 3.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@Duck55 wrote:

How do I contact the moderator? I have no sound on my Roku 3.

Send a private message to @RokuDanny-R . Click his avatar, select view profile, and there's a private message button on his profile page. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Duck55
Level 8

I am totally lost. No sound, can't contact moderator. Unplugged and replugged, restarted, no sound. Now I've even lost the clicking sounds when I move between channels on the Roku page. Been doing this now for 24 hours. 

0 Kudos
Barbie1
Level 7

I also today have no sound.  I have nothing else connected to my TV and TV troubleshooting verifies there is sound from my TV but no channel has sound on ROKU.  I have ROKU Premiere and is less than a month old.  Sound was working last night when I turned off the TV

0 Kudos
Barbie1
Level 7

How do we know if you have had resolve in your issue....or do we all just keep posting the same question

0 Kudos