Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joyism

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Mine makes noise but no tv sound?

0 Kudos
Hennypenny

Jump to solution

thank you. unplugging the tv worked. 

0 Kudos
lgruschow

Jump to solution

Thanks so much. Unplugging hdmi and usb connections, then plugging back in worked perfectly!

0 Kudos
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@lgruschow  - each and every time you have to do it, right?  

0 Kudos
ssmccloud
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have to do this EVERY TIME I watch TV on all three of Roku devices - it started on all three at the same time. My Roku TV is OK, so far. Any additional suggestions?

0 Kudos
Hannahs789

Jump to solution

I also am having issues with no sound I have tried replacing the HDMI  cord and unplugging the roku I literally just received this roku express in the mail 10/12/2020 I am very disappointed I won’t be able to use it until this gets fixed 

0 Kudos
LadyLP

Jump to solution

I did what was suggested but I still have no sound when trying to watch TV. I unplugged a few times. Everything is connected.

I honestly don’t know which one I have but it has voice control feature plus U can turn it off and on my Roku remote

0 Kudos
LadyLP

Jump to solution

Finally got it to work. Plugged and unplugged.

0 Kudos
ssmccloud
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, I have been doing that every time I want to watch TV for weeks.

0 Kudos
JannaMontanna
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I posted this solution a couple months ago, but I’ll repost: I tried all the other solutions that have been listed here with no luck. But I did a system reset on my Roku a couple of months ago and have had no sound issues since then. It was a PITA to go through, though. It took about 45 minutes to redownload all the system updates, set up the network connections, re-add all my apps, and re-enter all my email addresses and passwords in each app. But I hope this info helps some of you out. 🙂

0 Kudos