Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A1Phyllis

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Thanks for the great solution!!!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It's a timing issue with the HDMI...  ROKU needs to put a lag in the HDMI sound when switching.

I use a Harmony remote and was able to put a delay in the switch over to and from the ROKU...No issues now.

From what I found online ROKU knows this but has yet to address the issue.  Perhaps the new firmware update will fix this.

0 Kudos
Manirbas

Jump to solution

I’m also experiencing No Sound problems with my Roku. I don t remember exactly when it started, but it was a few months ago. But the problem has gotten worse. Before, I could just unplug and plug the TV and the sound would start working again. But now I have spent the past 4 days trying to make the sound work again on my LG tv, which has the Roku device and nothing happens. I have tried ALL the tricks and tips, but nothing seems to work and I’m fed up. I will throw this Roku to the garbage. It is a waste of my time and is a pain. 

0 Kudos
Contsi
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What's a good alternative to ROKU for Xfinity, Netflix, Youtube etc.

This no sound is happening too frequently now - very annoying.

0 Kudos
CaptKen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Every time I start up my ROKU TV there is no sound. Going through the setting menus to "reset audio to default settings" by tapping the pause/go button 3 times does the trick Every Time. The problem is that I have to do this Every Time. Is there a way to make the settings stick?

0 Kudos
Dsmith5432
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FYI.  I responded about this subject a bit ago and I have three different ROKU's on three different TV's.  Some of these fixes worked for a few days but the problem persists.  If I change for instance from HULU to YOUTUBE on any of the three now, I generally have to restart the ROKU.  This has been going on for some time and is becoming annoying to say the least.  Come on ROKU, you have a problem.  Lets fix it!

Dale  

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

My continuously has this problem. Even after I unplug the roku from power

0 Kudos
CaptKen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted TCL who made my TV. Despite it being out of warranty, I got timely responses to my queries. Mostly, their suggestions were either the obvious, or the ones I have seen here. The last message I got had the procedure below, which may help some who have sound issues. BTW, without doing anything further than the repeated "Press the Play/Pause button three times" trick, the problem has magically gone away. I'm not going to try the procedure below unless the problem recurs.

5. Complete powercycle. (This is to drain excess energy of your TV).
a. Power off the TV by using the TCL Roku remote or by pressing the power button on the TV
b. Unplug it from the wall outlet
c. Press and hold the power button on the TV for 15 seconds
d. Power on the TV
6. Perform a system restart.
a. Select Settings.
b. Select System.
c. Select Power.
d. Select System restart.

0 Kudos
NRADICE

Jump to solution

Unplugging the Roku device works temporarily... but it keeps on happening! Usually once every other days or so... on all of my Roku devices connected on 4 TVs. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Jchackert

Jump to solution

This is a pretty big problem, it happens a few times a day on one or more of our 3 devices. Any idea when a fix from Roku will artive?

0 Kudos