Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Xwoods84

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Just bought a roku yesterday. Constantly loses sound and only comes back if I restart system. An hour later, the sound is back off. A system update is needed. Telling customers to keep unplugging their device is lazy bullcrap for a major malfunction. I would hate to have to return this and purchase a competing product.

Jump to solution

I have the problem and have done everything suggested.  The device will work fine for awhile but looses sound more frequently.  I have changed HDMI ports and unplugged for more than a minutes.  As I said, it will work for maybe an hour or two but then no sound.

Model: 3810X

Software Version: 9.3.0:4194

Sallori

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. One thing I noticed is that the commercial before the movie has sound but when the movie starts, no sound. Maybe it’s the downloading of the movies onto Roku Channel that is the problem. 

0 Kudos
ErylT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I suspect that the, "when," of the glitches is not defining the problem,  problem. And since legions of us are having the same issues, which, for me ,  only started a few weeks ago, the system is broken and ROKU doesn't care. Perhaps they're planning on folding their yurt and are encouraging us to jump ship first, thereby ending the contract with customers.  

A mass exodus might catch ROKU's attention.

jmsnodgrass
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Here is an interesting observation.  I believe my Roku Express runs warmer than it should, so a week ago I put a 3" computer power supply fan blowing on it.  I haven't experienced the sound problem since.  Part breakdown due to overheating?

Roku Express (3900 series)  

0 Kudos
Rich428
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

So how much longer will you make us wait?  I have 3 Ultras with no sound for 3 months maybe?  Please send me a refund?  I can’t wait any longer.  There’s a pandemic forcing my family to spend far more time at home.  The situation isn’t working any longer.  I’ve been patient.  

0 Kudos
cjhdhh97

Jump to solution

I am also having an issue with periodically losing sound on my 3900X-Roku Express. I am constantly having to restart my device to get the sound back. My device is updated. Is there a known issue with the software or is this just something that we have to live with.

0 Kudos
Bimmie

Jump to solution

Just purchased a new Roku 55" TV and started reading this thread.

I guarantee that IF I start having this issue, based on the lack of proper response here, I won't look for a solution. I will simply return the product.

I DO have an audio problem but, it's not the same as this issue. If I plug in a wireless headset device into the audio output, I can hear the audio when using the headset but, I have audio when I turn off the wireless headset. I have to unplug it to get my audio back.

At this time, I suspect that the TV is working as designed and I need to look at upgrading my controller so I can plug my headset into that for audio.

0 Kudos
freeze

Jump to solution

My problem with the Roku device is that just randomly there will be no sounds but if you rewind what you are watching just a bit and then play it the sound comes back on.

Jump to solution

@freeze  Your tip to rewind the program is the only thing that actually worked to restore audio to my Roku tv! I tried all the tips - turning it off/ on, adjusting settings, keeping it disconnected from the power supply for 10 mins, & rewinding it finally helped! Thanks for helping when Roku can’t lol!