Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErylT
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Wish I'd read this first.  Instead I trouble shot every complicated scenario. Then I UNPLUGGED the ROKU and reconnected. It's nearly new and has been acting odd for about a week. This was the last straw. 
Reconnected, and bam boom...  SOUND is back. If it repeats I'll look for a more reliable unit. Thanks, Team Roku

0 Kudos
samich

Jump to solution

I've tried all the suggested remedies, and then some. Still no audio. Suspected the I/N modem for a while, but all other I/N services are working, INCLUDING the Roku stick in the boudoir. Is there a suggestion out there that actually WORKS?

0 Kudos
ASCarr

Re: No sound - Happening on a Daily Basis Now!!!!

Jump to solution

I have been having the same issue, and the problem just started one month ago.  Yes, the sound does come back when I unplug/plug in the ROKU, but I should not have to do this EVERY DAY!!!!!  If that is the case, why not add a power button so that we can turn the ROKU on and off to alleviate this issue?  This is ridiculous.  Up until this point, I've loved my ROKU service and converted all of my Amazon Sticks to the ROKU (5 Total).  However, I'm starting to have second thoughts as I NEVER had this issue with my Amazon Stick and this ROKU sound issue is becoming a daily routine.  Also, this is the second ROKU where I am experiencing issues.  It's ridiculous and I am about to switch back to a different streaming service.

0 Kudos
Fiona_

Jump to solution

Thanks so much, unplugged it for 10 minutes as suggested and it’s back to working!!  

0 Kudos
ErylT
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That will be my next fix, buy another brand stick, recycle the ROKU and make it well known on social media.

Also my comments have started not appearing on this post.

0 Kudos
Kgraham

Jump to solution

Unplugging tv, reset tv, and all other suggestions didn't work; however, this did:

Go to settings < Audio < S/PDIF and ARC

then select PCM Stereo 

0 Kudos
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Kgraham - wait a day, sound goes out again, reboot, rinse, repeat. 

0 Kudos
jmsnodgrass
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We have three Roku Express devices and all three have the same no sound problem.  Unplugging the power to them for a few seconds always resolves the problem but why should we have to do that to get your product to work as advertised?  Looking at over 14 pages of complaints about this problem, it is obvious that Roku doesn't care about service after the sale.  Our Roku's are less than a year and a half old and this only started a month or so ago.  So, I guess I have no choice but to go to every review page I can find and point out the lack of customer support from Roku.  

Oh, and even if you eventually fix this problem, you will not see me buying another Roku device.  

Carolyn-Marie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

.... Time to File a L--Suit  against RoKu. Enough of this BS

Carolyn-Marie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Time to file a L-- Suit against Roku. Enough of this BS

This comment page  would NOT let me use the word L-- Suit so I had to spell it like this.