Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jigzsaw
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Go to System Restart. Works every time I’ve done it. 

0 Kudos
Ipaul75
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@jigzsaw how many times do you have to restart? Do you consider having to restart over and over again as a good solution?

Thanks,

Ipaul75

0 Kudos
redcrown

Jump to solution

Powered down Roku streaming stick for about a min or two. Plugged into same HDMI port. Audio is working fine. Thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
Campmac
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What I have to do is go into settings and toggle between tv speakers and my sound bar.  This corrects the problem but I’m still unclear on what causes it.

0 Kudos
10Q10Q
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My TCL/Roku TV problem started last night 8/30/20....The same problem as everyone else, sometimes no sound.  I too have not found a permanent cure, one thing that I did find was in the settings "volume mode" option, if set to "off", no sound, if I toggle between off and any other mode, leveling/night, I get sound to return, but only till a commercial is broadcast.  Then no sound.  (Which really isn't a bad thing....LOL)
But getting tired of doing the volume mode drill.... So as I write this post my TCL/Roku TV is unplugged and waiting to see what happens upon reconnecting power.

OK.. After power reset, sound is back to normal and even with the "volume mode" set to "off" there is sound.  After reading all the other posts, I suspect this is only a temporary fix. 

0 Kudos
tlveik
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Roku doesn't care.  This won't get their attention before we get 50 pages of complaints in this thread.

0 Kudos
FHH
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Apparently , customer service/ tech support useless except for community as 100’s of people say power off and that will fix issue for a limited time and then repeat. Why should we fix your screw up and  constantly cycle power.
Just about done, hello anybody out there with viable options? Amazon ?

0 Kudos
Paul50

Jump to solution

Sound went out last night. Restarting TV now but I suspect it will be the same as everyone else, only a temporary solution. This TV is not even a year old, ridiculous!

0 Kudos
Kstew09

Jump to solution

We just had this issue this morning, on our Roku channel app. We have a 65” Roku tv. Sound worked fine for every other app. I went to settings, system, advanced system settings, factory reset, reset tv audio/picture settings. That did the trick. This more than likely isn’t a long term solution, but until roku can give a system update, it will help

0 Kudos
Jppuck

Jump to solution

So I spent $1000 on this TV and your solution is this, how is there not a recall or a offer to fix this problem?

0 Kudos