Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeydav1
Binge Watcher

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

It's obvious most recent commentators haven't read the whole thread.

Every 'fix' has been tried and will only be a temporary fix. This includes:

1. rebooting the ROKU
2. Changing sound settings
3.  New HDMI cord
4. Changing HDMI ports
5. Voodoo rituals
6. Prayer.

An hour later / a day later / a week later, the issue WILL return.

SocalVal
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I think a gentleman responded early on but crickets since then. I see the same complaints on their Facebook posts. They need to do better!

0 Kudos
Carolyn-Marie
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My fix is STILL Working. I switched out the (no sound)  Livingroom Roku device  with the Bedroom working  Roku device and I have sound. It hasn't quit. 

But yeah, ROKU Tech should chime in...Any-day now.

0 Kudos
Atlint

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem when i unplug it sometimes it work and sometimes it dont it is a real inconvenience plus the store warranty is up now im stuck with it.

0 Kudos
bamagirl38

Jump to solution

yes that happened to me as well and i did unplug and re plug it worked but a few days later same thing is there a glitch in the devices or something i don't watch a whole lot but when i sit down to do so i dont want to have to get right back up to unplug and replug before i can watch

0 Kudos
Steuen
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I got this to work on my system - Roku stick on a Vizio TV (no external speakers or soundbar).

On the Roku stick menu, go to Settings -> Audio -> HDMI -> and set to PCM - Stereo. It appears that the auto detect routine has a defect in it where it fails to switch over after one of the states was selected. The Audio Mode setting did not make a difference.

Hope it works for you while Roku find the bug and squashes it.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It worked for me. But judging from what other commenters have said, it isn't universal.

But we do forget that everything is a computer now. So you use the same method. Often trouble shooting is often answering yes or no to what you come up with.

0 Kudos
SocalVal
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Right, I get that everything is a computer but what I don’t get is the lack of engagement from Roku representatives. If their product they need to acknowledge this and offer a solution. Even dating one is in the works is better than silence.

MuseumPete

Jump to solution

Not fun at all! please fix this bug!

0 Kudos
DClaffey
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Great idea - Not! I don't want to restart my Roku 3 or 4 times a day. It is obviously a Roku issue. I have 3 Roku devices and all 3 are doing the same thing. You pause or change to a different Roku channel and you lose sound, so then the only option is to restart the Roku device each time.  There has got to be a better answer.

0 Kudos