Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJ2
Reel Rookie

Re: No sound

Jump to solution

Well is there a permanent fix for this? I have to unplug mine to get audio back EVERYDAY! It's getting old really fast. About to throw this **bleep** away if I have to keep doing this. An I have had this unit for a couple years now and now it starts to act up. Thanks 

Nett1355
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

We have had to unplug ours everyday as well for the last week or more, and your right it’s getting old. Would also like to know if there’s a permanent fix as well. 

jermcat

Jump to solution

Thank You RokuTannerD. I tried a couple other "fixes" that were not successful, but your simple power disconnect did the trick.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I am now having the same problem! However my Roku is not a few years old it is only a few months old.

Charlie238

Jump to solution

Nope did not work for me!

nanaof8

Jump to solution

I'm having a sound issue with 2 of my devices. (I have 5) I have done all the troubleshooting advice you gave, and it still happening. Is there a phone # I could call and talk to someone? I think this started after the last update.

The sound works for a little while then it will start crackle and most of the time the sound goes off altogether. If I am going to watch anything I have to reset, reset, unplug, unplug,  😞

RJ2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Tanner, I've done this same thing DAILY!!! It isn't fixing it!! An after watching a show with out issues all of a sudden a high pitched noise came over and some other **bleep** and blew my speakers. You guys going to pay the close to $400 to repair all that??? I don't know what you idiots did but this **bleep** needs to stop. Getting tired of rebooting, unplugging, moving to another HDMI, and changing the HDMI cable. I'm about to set this unit on fire and make sure everyone I know that has this junk gets rid of theirs. No one from your company has even gotten back to me on this an that shows you all don't care about us customers. I'm actually looking for something better and a lot more reliable then this **bleep**! You guys going to help us fix this for good or shall we all say bye bye to Roku??!! I vote bye bye!! 

Sheree4

Jump to solution

I have a Hisense/Roku tv and I have been having no problems with it. It was working all of last night. Now when I woke up this morning there is no sound when I go on any of the app(youtube, ploto, hulu, etc...) Or the DVD player. I have changed what kind of audio source comes out. I don't use any HDMI cords since the Roku is built-in. I have unplugged it for a bit and still no luck. What should I do to fix this? 

HoneyBee

Jump to solution

After encountering the same problem as so many others, tried your advice.  Bless you... we have success!  Yea!!!!

0 Kudos
Coleen

Jump to solution

I have tried all of the recommended “fixes” and nothing....video is perfect. I’ve never had sound on this roku and I can’t seem to fix it.