Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rtbolin
Level 7

No sound on roku tv (Rtbolin)

Was watching tv. Sound went off. Tried to turn sound up it shows that headphones are in use. No I did not plug any head phones in.

I rest the head phone button on back, nothing, unplugged tv, nothing, reset audio/video, nothing. Factory reset nothing. Unplugged tv for 24 hours, still nothing still shows head phones in use, this tv isn't even 6 months old.

I don't know what else to do, and there's no technical support why is that? Brand new tv going in the garbage if I can't get this fixed and I will never buy roku again. 

Sorry for rant any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No sound on roku tv (Rtbolin)

First of all, Roku doesn't make the TVs.  Does your remote have a headphone jack?

Support for "Roku" TVs gets blurry because some issues are Roku's responsibility and some are the manufacturer's responsibility.  In your case it could be a faulty headphone jack in either the TV or remote (if present).  If it's the remote that came with the TV then it's all the responsibility of the TV's manufacturer:

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? 

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Do you have the Roku app running on a phone or tablet?  Make sure the remote listening feature is not turned on.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Rtbolin
Level 7

Ok ya it's a hinnesse brand. The head phone jack is on the tv.

0 Kudos
Rtbolin
Level 7

No I don't have the app

0 Kudos
renojim

You should probably contact Hisense an see what they have to say.

Where can I get support for my Roku TV™? 

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos