Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

No sound on auto play

Just recently when auto play goes to start another episode there is no sound. I can go back and restart show with sound. 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No sound on auto play

@LisaT 

Thanks for the note.

What channel is this occurring on? Is this the only channel that it occurs on, or does it happen on all your channels?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

It happens on ID and animal planet. I have tried deleting Hulu app and restarting Roku. Still does it. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

I have a roku. Express. 2019 model that was working fine. I movec it to a tv that had no hdmi and got a newer model. Canadian model that only has hdmi. This new model while on Netflix the auto play episodes at the end of the first episode watched come on with no sound i have to fast forward then rewind then start it up again. Just restarting, going back to home and restarting do not work.

I tried changing the sound settings to no avail. It is this newer model that seems faulty. Itis updated.

0 Kudos
Level 7

We have the same issue with our Roku Express we just purchased. When autoplay moves on to the next episode, there is no sound; we can restart the episode and sound will then work.

0 Kudos