Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mfi83860
Reel Rookie

No sound on all the apps like Netflix HBO prime, but is fine on live tv

When watching live tv the sound is fine and can be heard. Watching Netflix HBO Prime or others, there is no sound at all. I have updated everything. I have reset the speakers and tv. I have unplugged the router. It have gone thru all setting a few times. When factory resetting the roku surround sound speakers, they are paired and I can hear the test sound. When going back to try the streaming services there is no sound.  All cables are plugged in. Internet connection is good. This happens out of the blu. I have reset sound settings once and then the sound worked all over . But the next day when going back to a streaming services there’s no sound again. It works then one day it doesn’t. I can’t figure it out. I have the roku wireless speakers. They are updated. Work fine on everything else, just those apps are no sound. I’ve factory reset. I’m having no luck at all. This is a Roku 55” TCL TV, C158X Model 55S431, software version 11.0.0 build 4193-93

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: No sound on all the apps like Netflix HBO prime, but is fine on live tv

@Mfi83860 

Your post leans towards your TV being a Roku TV, rather than a TV that has a Roku attached, however it doesn't state that. Is it a Roku TV? Or do you have a Roku attached to a TV?

What is your Roku model number? Settings > System > About

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Mfi83860
Reel Rookie

It is a Roku Tv with the Roku Wireless Speakers 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Mfi83860 

If you don't use the speakers, does everything work?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos