Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashkirk
Reel Rookie

No sound in apps

When on the home screen of my Roku TLC smart tv, the sound/audio works (you can hear the click noise while scrolling the apps) as soon as I choose a app (Hulu, Netflix, etc,) the sound/audio no longer works. I have tried reconnecting my speakers and that does not seem to be the issue. 

23 REPLIES 23
C_I
Roku Guru

Re: No sound in apps

@ashkirk wrote:

When on the home screen of my Roku TLC smart tv, the sound/audio works (you can hear the click noise while scrolling the apps) as soon as I choose a app (Hulu, Netflix, etc,) the sound/audio no longer works. I have tried reconnecting my speakers and that does not seem to be the issue. 

Try going to settings>system>system restart. Then try playing your app again. When the sound disappears from what I'm watching, that's what I do. 

drbayless
Reel Rookie

We have the exact same problem and I'm tired of resetting/restarting it 10x a day which seems to be Roku's solution. I'm ready to order a FIreTV.

@ashkirk wrote:

JimRat

Same here. Started a few weeks ago. Just about every time I start up a new app, and sometimes when I change channels on Hulu live TV, the audio drops out. Only way to fix it is unplug the power and start back up. It's getting very frustrating.

roccod58

I have the same problem. I thought it might be the device so I swapped it out with one that we didn't use much. Same prob;em. I have to unplug device. Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
Carolf1628

I'm having the same problem! If I click the star and fiddle with the volume mode setting I can get sound back.  Every time I switch to another app, I have to do that.  Annoying.  Feels like a software problem to me.  Hope they fix it soon!

0 Kudos

This is happening to me also, TV is less than 3 years old. 

0 Kudos
Neil0078

Same problem here , I can hear the scrolls and clicks but can’t get any output from prime videos Netflix YouTube etc.

0 Kudos
Neil0078

I reset network settings and it works now. Had to reconnect internet

C_I
Roku Guru

@Neil0078 wrote:

Same problem here , I can hear the scrolls and clicks but can’t get any output from prime videos Netflix YouTube etc.

As I said, go to settings>system>system reset. Sometimes I can't hear the clicking sound when I'm navigating my Roku remote and when I'm on a app or there's no sound and the video speeds up. If you do a system reset that should solve your problem.