Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

No sound from Roku

I turn on my roku but the sound from the TV keeps playing whatever was on the channel and I get no sound from the roku. I’ve had over 8 different roku’s in the past and after pairing everything is good and I can change icons like Netflix and Hulu but when I go into a program there’s no sound for what I’m watching just sound from whatever was on the TV before I turned on the roku. PLEASE HELP 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No sound from Roku

@StewartFo 

Thanks for the post.

Does this issue occur on all channels in the Roku device, or a specific channel? Have you tried restarting your device to see if this resolves the issue? Lastly, have you tried performing a factory reset on your device? 

For more information about how to factory reset your device, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Level 7

sound went off while watching hulu. Now no sound from any platform. Went to audio settings and tried different setting. still nothing. Roku is a piece of **bleep**. Second time this has happened.

0 Kudos
Level 7

All channels and all platforms. Western movies. Pandora. Hulu. Went to audio settings but nothing changed. Still no sound.

0 Kudos