Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No sound for streaming videos in all apps, toggling sound works in Home

Jump to solution

Ugh how to I get the sound to start working 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

The only work around that I've found is shutting down Roku and restarting it. This has one caveat however, sometimes you have to actually go in and reboot the Roku from your system menu of Roku.

Either way works all the time, but its a pain in the behind.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Restart your devices should work

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried restarting the device both manually and from the system menu, but it's still not working.  Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’ve had the same issue for like 2 months. Brand new roku box and connecting DIRECTLY to my Dolby Atmos Samsung soundbar through HDMI. 

this problem happens to me when I fast forward or rewind video - the sound will no longer play on any video in any app. However, i can still sometimes hear the menu sounds on the home screen. If I go into sound settings on the roku and change to stereo, this fixes the problem, but then i only get stereo output. If I reboot the roku, it all works again until I seek within a video. I’ve completely reset the roku as well and all of this still happens. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks sbrentn!  Changing the Roku audio setting to stereo fixed the issue!  Yay!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Mine just did the same thing. I didn’t even switch apps. I was watching a show on Hulu next episode started. I click skip intro and suddenly the screen freezes. I exit to main menu go back in sound is gone. I go to Netflix same problem. I restart my tv because I didn’t realize at first I could hear the sound when scrolling through Roku menu. Thanks to the person saying restarting fixes the problem because I recently bought a Roku tv for my living room and I would be mad if this happened to my new tv and I didn’t know how to fix

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same happened to me. Just need to reboot the tv. Worked on the first try. Here’s a how to 

https://youtu.be/Sr8igxWdWXk

0 Kudos