Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

No signal on one TV

I have had my Roku for some time, and using it perfectly fine in all that time. I just returned from traveling (with my Roku!) and plugged it into its usual port - the light comes on, it's all connected, but I get a "no signal" on my TV (Dynex tv) -- I have tried plugging it in to the other port, nothing -- but when I have tried it on a different TV, it works perfectly fine. Is there any way to fix this issue? The TV ports on my tv work perfectly well (i've tried plugging in other things) but it seems to just not communicate properly with my Roku stick anymore.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: No signal on one TV

More likely your HDMI cable. Try a different one.

Try wiggling the port connections and see if you get a reaction.

Otherwise check the TV's settings.

Sometimes putting your foot through the screen works but not always.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
Highlighted
Level 7

haha foot through the TV is quickly becoming my option. I've tried wiggling it in there, blowing on the ports (ah, the old nintendo trick) - there's no HDMI cable, since it's a roku stick!

It really just feels like my TV and my Roku are in a fight - since the roku will work on the other TVs, and both the HDMI ports work for other devices. arghhh

Highlighted
Level 7

no signal on screen - just black... light flashes twice intermittently

Device was fine, now it's not. just black screen. i can see the remote is talking to the device cuz it flashes when i push a remote button, but nothing else happens. have tried factory reset and nothing happens. white light flashes twice and then pauses for a second and flashes twice again. Help please if you can. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: no signal on screen - just black... light flashes twice intermittently

@sfesdf 

Thanks for the note.

Have you tried switching out the HDMI cable that you are using as well as using another HDMI port on the TV? Have you tried plugging the device to another TV and seeing if you are able see the screen?

Please keep us posted and we will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@dafacles 

Thanks for the note.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi - I don't have a second tv to test the device on, but it's not that old. The HDMI cable is tested and good. I've used a paperclip and pushed and held the reset button several times... i don't know what else I could do.  If you can help, i'd appreciate it. If anyone can write me, that is ideal. Thank you!

Jen

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@sfesdf 

Thanks for the note.

What model device do you have? Is there a light on your device when it is powered on? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall using the provided cables? Have you also tried plugging the device into another HDMI port on the TV that you are using?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos