Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No signal in Roku HDMI port until...

I have a Sony TV.  Sony said to switch the HDMI to enhanced.  Once I did this i have had no problems for over a month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My Roku was working fine went I went to bed. Have had it about a year. No trouble. Nothing in my house has changed. Turned it on this morning and the light started flashing and there is no signal to tv. This is what I have done/know so far without result:

1. Wifi works fine

2. Remote is working

3. Replaced HDMI

4. Changed HDMI ports 

5. Soft and hard reset

6. Unplugged power source

7. Called ROKU and they are not taking calls because of high volume due to corona virus. 

HELP!

Highlighted
Level 7

I took the suggestion of blowing out potential dust in the HDMI port and switched the ends of the HDMI cable. (The end that was in the TV put into the Roku and vise versa.)  So far so good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem.... Im using the ROKU 4 ultra and plug it to my JVC tv its not working but other TV like Sony and China made TV it works fine.   I switch the same HDMI cable that was working on the other TV still no luck.... I use all the HDMI ports and not working at all on my JVC.   Ii already spent hours on this trying to figure how to get the ROKU 4 ultra working on my JVC TV and its not working at all.   The weird thing is I have an old Roku 2 and that works with all of my TV and I want use the newer ROKU4 to my JVC tv and its not working.  is the latest Roku 4 ultra a lemon?

Highlighted
Level 7

No signal in Roku HDMI port (Frustatating)

No signal in Roku HDMI port (Frustatating)

Please DONT suggest : Check cable , restart , refresh etc , I am an Engineer so assume I have refreshed all wiring zillion times.

Last 2 days , I saw some update pushed to Roku it was crashing getting hung with pixels on screen.

Since then HDMI doesnt recognize Roku tho Roku blinking all signals.

HELP Please !!! Or time to Trash the device , customer care no phone available

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No signal in Roku HDMI port (Frustatating)

@jovenj @shsh04a3 

Thanks for the note.

How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into the wall with the provided cable and adapter? Have you also tried using another HDMI port on the TV or checking if the device works on another TV?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have internet Wi Fi and Ethernet  connected, no signal on all the HDMI Ports,  only TV and sound can be adjusted with my Roku. Antenna stations work. TV is fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

need help with my Roku. I have tried everything including switching hdmi cables and ports. Power light is on, I plug in and unplug and when I plug back in to power up the Roku banner displays on my TV but it goes right back to no signal. I have tried everything. Please help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Sometimes I have to power down & wait 15 sec for the TV to reset, several times before the Roku signal is picked up. Recently it seems to be picking up more quickly, but it almost always requires at least one power down before the signal is recognized. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

hello,

nothing works. i have tried everything possible including power down and reset button and still no luck. ROKU PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos