Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: No signal in Roku HDMI port until...

I am running 2 new Sony TVs and 2 2019 Ultra.

I have the same issues others have about no input on the 65" Sony OLED with the Ultra 4670.  The TV also has a Sony Soundbar.  The Soundbar is connected to the TV via HDMI ARC.  The Ultra is connected to a regular HDMI direct to the TV.

The second new Sony is a 49" A8G with the Ultra 4670.  I have absolutely no problems with this TV/Ultra

I also have a 3rd older Sony 1080 TV with Roku Stick+ that I have zero problems

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have also learned that when you turn off the TV that the Ultra goes into sleep mode.  The Ultra is in sleep mode when I turn on the TV and the TV does not recognize the HDMI Input.   I discovered that when I disable the Screen saver then the Ultra does not go to sleep mode.  Do you think this may solve my Input issue>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

But how are you supposed to check the system settings if the thing won’t connect? I’m suddenly having the same issue. Was watching something, went away, tried to turn it back on, and nothing. I’ve tried everything I can think of.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same thing happening to me. Name brand TV.  Happened 2x with Netflix--says error every time I go to Netflix from Hulu or regular tv mode.  Today I was going to watch Hulu and no button on my Roku works...not one! Not home button, no Hulu, Sling, Disney--I just bought this Roku. What's UP? My TV is a Sony.  I had a Firestick and it worked fine!  My Roku on another TV works fine also.

What's UP????

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@AKM1 Thanks for the note. If you're having trouble with your remote control, try restarting your device by disconnecting the power for a moment, and removing/reinserting or replacing the batteries in your remote. You might also try rebooting your wireless router at the same time to give everything a fresh start. 

You might also need to follow the steps listed here to re-pair your remote to your device: https://support.roku.com/article/360011621473-how-do-i-set-up-my-roku-enhanced-point-anywhere-remote...

If that still doesn't help clear up the issue with your remote, try connecting via the Roku mobile app and see if you are able to successfully control your device: https://support.roku.com/article/115002681087-how-do-i-control-my-roku-streaming-device-using-the-ro...

If you don't encounter any issue with the mobile app, this may point to an issue with your remote. Keep us posted from there and we'll see what else we can suggest. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have the same problem, new stick new wires, all new like 8 days old.  This has happened a couple  of times.       All I do is unplug the wires that are connected to the stick by a USB plug approx. 14 inches below the stick, which ( the stick ) is in the side of the TV.  No Idea why this fixes this problem or why this is problem happening all I know that it is working now.  No I do not shut the TV off just unplug it! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

@delight  Thanks for the observation. Some TVs USB ports do not provide quite enough power to operate your Roku device directly, which can cause some unexpected behaviors. We recommend using the included wall adapter to power your device, instead of connecting it's power cable to a USB port on the TV. This may help. 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Thanks for the reply, I really was not expecting one. It was what I do when this happens.

However what I am disconnecting and reconnecting is the power supply from the wall plug

to the the roku stick. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have had the same problem and tried everything that community posts suggest, including the staff responses.  The only thing that works is to turn on the TV with the Roku remote, turn off the power strip that I have the TV and streaming stick plugged into, wait 15 seconds and power up again.  REALLY!  Not happy with my Roku.  May go back to Apple TV and upgrade to the Apple 4 from my old Apple 2, which never gave me any problems, just needed an upgrade to be able to add new channels.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My tiki is doing this an still nothing 

0 Kudos