Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
INeedHelp1440
Level 7

No picture once a program is selected but there is still audio?

I have a roku express that I have been using for approximately 2 years now. This weekend it has decided that it is going to give me a black screen once I select a program to play. The audio is still there, the progress bar is still visible. There has been no change in the TV's settings. All the menus are displaying properly, the screen only goes black when i try to play a video. The roku in the bedroom is working fine and the cable company says no outages. I am at a complete loss of what to do next.. help!  

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GKG
Level 7

Re: No picture once a program is selected but there is still audio?

Have the same problem.   All the menu apps work and when select an app still have video.    But once you select to play the item, video goes black but still have audio

okiecolo
Level 7

We have same issue using the streaming stick+. 

0 Kudos
Cannonvol
Level 7

I just had the same problem with a TCL Roku TV. Unplugged the tv from the power source for about 45 seconds (just turning off is not sufficient) and then plugged back in. Problem solved!

0 Kudos