Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeTheVike
Channel Surfer

Re: No longer getting Atmos

Jump to solution

Don't see Atmos icon in menu on Netflix. Don't see it in sound settings. Tried playing Irishman and only got Dolby Digital +. I read on another forum that maybe Atmos only works with UHD streaming? I have a 1080 display.

0 Kudos
dhaval85
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Okay. Thanks for checking. I have a Roku TV with 4K HDR display. I also have netflix UHD subscription. A soundbar with Dolby Atmos support with 5.1 configuration. The only app which output Atmos is the Dolby app on Roku. So wanted to confirm if anyone else has a luck to get Atmos working with Netflix and Amazon Prime app at least. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I'm not aware of Netflix supporting Atmos on Roku devices yet, but my only room with Atmos has a Shield, not a Roku, so I can't test it myself.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
dhaval85
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Alright. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Golferguy

Jump to solution

Thank you! That fixed my "no audio on Disney Plus only" problem.

0 Kudos
TonyH247

Jump to solution

Hi, I have just set up a new system & bought the 3810EU because it was listed as supporting Atmos. Following the set up instructions, I can't see Atmos listed in the menu only Max of DD+ & DTS. I don't get Atmos listed on any of the Roku apps Netflix or Disney plus? Although the built in app on my TV & Xbox one s stream them fine?

Did anyone get to the bottom of the issue? It looks to me like the Roku device isn't capable of the Atmos pass thru!

Lucky for me I still have the box & receipt 🙂 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@TonyH247 wrote:

Hi, I have just set up a new system & bought the 3810EU because it was listed as supporting Atmos. Following the set up instructions, I can't see Atmos listed in the menu only Max of DD+ & DTS. I don't get Atmos listed on any of the Roku apps Netflix or Disney plus? Although the built in app on my TV & Xbox one s stream them fine?

Did anyone get to the bottom of the issue? It looks to me like the Roku device isn't capable of the Atmos pass thru!

Lucky for me I still have the box & receipt 🙂 

Netflix still hasn't added Atmos support for Roku devices. It's not the fault of Roku. For D+, I can't say if Atmos is available, as the AVR I have my Ultra connected to doesn't have Atmos. 

Dan

0 Kudos
dhaval85
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Guys forget Atmos from Roku. Buy Shield. It’s peace of mind. 

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

@dhaval85 wrote:

Guys forget Atmos from Roku. Buy Shield. It’s peace of mind. 

While the Shield is a great player (I have two), it too won't do everything. With CBS All Access it's still two channel. It has limited HDR support in YouTube. But it's fantastic for local media playback, which was the original reason I got them. 

Dan

dhaval85
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Alright. Got it! I am happy with my shield so far. 

0 Kudos