Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RocketRaccoon
Channel Surfer

No longer getting Atmos

Jump to solution

I have a 3810x streaming stick, which is plugged into my receiver.  I was getting Atmos through Disney+ until recently, but now I only get Dolby Digital Plus when playing Atmos titles.  I'm not sure exactly when this started, but it was sometime in the last week or two.  Has there been any updates that impacted sending out Atmos audio?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: No longer getting Atmos

Jump to solution

@RocketRaccoon  Thanks for the note!

In Settings>Audio on your device, you must have all available options set to Auto/Auto-detect in order to play Dolby Atmos from any channel.

The content you are trying to play must also offer the Dolby Atmos audio format. If you need more help or have additional questions, you can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_index

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@RocketRaccoon  Thanks for the note!

In Settings>Audio on your device, you must have all available options set to Auto/Auto-detect in order to play Dolby Atmos from any channel.

The content you are trying to play must also offer the Dolby Atmos audio format. If you need more help or have additional questions, you can reach Disney+ support here: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_index

Thanks,

Tanner

RocketRaccoon
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry I'm a dummy, had changed a setting on my receiver that I didn't know impacted Atmos.  Changing that fixed the problem.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
BG_79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm a new roku user and never had trouble with my receiver detecting atmos before. What did you change on your receiver?  I am only able to see 5.1 option myself and have been trying about everything. 

hushtool
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issue, what did you change on receiver.  Im assuming something directly on the roku av input?  The Atmos logo, is not appearing on any Atmos compatible titles anymore, for a couple weeks.  

Update:  My Roku streaming stick plus is in auto detect as well as AVR input is on auto detect.  I still only see 5.1.  Where as i would only see Atmos until a couple weeks ago.

Thanks, im going to investigate

0 Kudos
hushtool
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Im curious, what setting did you change on your receiver?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
BG_79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I haven't been able to get the Roku to work through the receiver for any Atmos titles on Netflix/Amazon.  It does work through the receiver with Disney +, but that is it.  I feel as though it is straight up compatibility between the content producers and Roku. Roku support has been terrible and just hands the buck off, offering no actual troubleshooting steps. This sucks because Roku claims compatibility. 

hushtool
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey,

Im have no compatibility issues with any Roku apps, through my receiver.  In fact I have never changed the input since i installed it.  Yet i lost Atmos in Disney.

I can watch stuff on Netflix on my Roku, through receiver, i just dont get DD+ and therefore ATMOS.  Only 5.1.

Ive sent an email, and just got a response, so ill check it out, hopefully I can get an answer.

I also contacted Disney+ (no issues on their end)  as well as my ISP (no bandwidth issues or restrictions either)  Its clearly a Roku, or like a the previous poster was told, a issue with AVR?  I just cant figure oout what?  and not sure how that would affect the display on the Roku Disney App itself (when it comes to visually displaying the word Atmos vs. 5.1 on a movie selection).

ill keep ya posted.

Do you get Disney+ in Atmos?  I assume all your connected devices are atmos capable?

Thanks

0 Kudos
BG_79
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You are getting an Atmos signal using the Roku Netflix App? 

Disney + is the only Roku app for me that detects Atmos. 

Yes, all my stuff is Atmos ready, no problems at all ever when I use my TV apps / ARC input to the receiver.  Netflix/Amazon all detected properly there. 

0 Kudos
hushtool
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No, never have got Atmos signal using Roku Netflix app.

AS for Disney+ Im not getting Atmos signal either.  I used to until about 2 weeks ago.  

I have a Samsung q80r

When using Samsung TV apps ----  I get Atmos Signal with Netflix, NO atmos signal on Disney+

When using Roku apps -------------  I get NO Atmos signal with Netflix, I get Atmos signal with Disney + (until a couple weeks ago)

Totally opposite...lol

Which is why I purchased the streaming stick plus, to get Disney plus in Atmos!

Must be a setting on my end, i cant figure it out.

0 Kudos